Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Plus
Highlighted
Hiker

Artifacts digital drop outs in combined cloud files

The cloud service combined several contiguous files into one large file. The combined file showed many digital artifacts (blocking and other dropouts) that are not on the individual, smaller, files.

Has anyone else expreienced this problem?

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Artifacts digital drop outs in combined cloud files

@wallacedavidg, I'd like to gather a few more details so we can help check on the issue from here. Can you please post a screenshot showing the problem with the files on your PLUS cloud media library?

Highlighted
Hiker

Please see the related topic I posted the other day, https://community.gopro.com/t5/GoPro-Plus/Individual-files-combined-after-uploading/m-p/525548#M2011

I included several screen shots plus additional information on a related topic.

Highlighted
Hiker

Still waiting for a response.

The files were uploaded directly from the camera via wifi. I used the iPhone app and selected "manage auto upload." The iPhone app gave me a message saying new media was detected. [BTW, I find this uploading feature to be problematic. New media is not always flagged and the upload process has to be kickstarted using upload manually.]

Once uploaded and combined (joined?) I downloaded the consolidated file to edit in Final Cut Pro. While in FCP I noticed the dropouts and artifacts. I could see the artifacts in FCP as well as in the raw individual files after selecting and downloading from my media on the gopro.com site then played using QuickTime.

The original file GX030037 shows no artifacts at 6:47. The combined file GX010037 shows the artifacts at 24:32 (see attached screen shot).

Here are screen shots from the orginal file GX030037 and the combined file GX010037. 

Original file GX030037.

Original File.jpg

Combined file GX010037

Combined File.jpg

Highlighted
GoPro

@wallacedavidg, please check our response to your other post.