Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Plus
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

All 4k videos uploaded are upside, and not downloadable in 2160p, only 1080p

Just got the new Hero 8 and all my 4k uploaded videos are showing up upside down after they've been uploaded to GoPro Plus Cloud via Quik. Not sure why, but it's really annoying and has only done so for my recently uploaded videos. My Hero Sessions 5 does not do this, only newest Hero 7 and Hero 8 videos do this when in 4k@60fps

What gives GoPro? I also can't download the 2160p version, it gives me an XML error page, only in 1080p does it work to download. 

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: All 4k videos uploaded are upside, and not downloadable in 2160p, only 1080p

Hello @ebaydan777. Thank you for the feedback. Does the uploaded video at 4K 60 fps only appear upside down in the cloud when uploaded via Quik for desktop? Have you been able to check how the upload goes when doing it directly through gopro.com? 

As for downloading media from Plus, see if any of the media that were not downloaded were dated 2018 or older. We may have found a resolution to this case. At this time, back in 2018, we were only allowing users to download the compressed versions of the media. So in reality, the older 2018 were compressed to 1080 resolution and uploaded to the cloud.

When we introduced a revamped version of GoPro Plus in 2019, we allowed users to upload the actual source original file into the cloud infrastructure, and have the ability to download that particular file at both compressed and original quality, when the download is done one at a time. 

Overall, anything back in 2018 and before is a compressed format and 2019 and further is the original and compressed formats. This being the case, see if the media dated 2018 or older can be downloaded by choosing a compressed file over original quality. 

Let us know what you find out. Thanks!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: All 4k videos uploaded are upside, and not downloadable in 2160p, only 1080p

Hello @ebaydan777. Thank you for the feedback. Does the uploaded video at 4K 60 fps only appear upside down in the cloud when uploaded via Quik for desktop? Have you been able to check how the upload goes when doing it directly through gopro.com? 

As for downloading media from Plus, see if any of the media that were not downloaded were dated 2018 or older. We may have found a resolution to this case. At this time, back in 2018, we were only allowing users to download the compressed versions of the media. So in reality, the older 2018 were compressed to 1080 resolution and uploaded to the cloud.

When we introduced a revamped version of GoPro Plus in 2019, we allowed users to upload the actual source original file into the cloud infrastructure, and have the ability to download that particular file at both compressed and original quality, when the download is done one at a time. 

Overall, anything back in 2018 and before is a compressed format and 2019 and further is the original and compressed formats. This being the case, see if the media dated 2018 or older can be downloaded by choosing a compressed file over original quality. 

Let us know what you find out. Thanks!