Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Plus
Tourist

AUTO UPLOAD IS NOT EASY!!! IT TAKES TIME AND A STABLE INTERNET CONNECTION

Hello support--I want to put in a huge complaint about the information I was given by your chat and phone support people. I will post this to the Support Hub so that more people like me won't WASTE TIME. Please educate your customer support about the following:1. In my case, I think that the internet connection I had was mostly at fault with the Auto Upload directly from the GoPro camera. 2. Your instructions do not mention that the uploads take FOREVER (hours). It totally, again, depends on your Wifi speed. I am in India and even though I am at an engineering teaching institution, the wifi here is dismal. 3. The best way to upload to GoPro Plus is directly from the SD card PLUGGED DIRECTLY into the computer. This is what your customer service people should say. When they hear that someone is in a developing nation, they should know not to count on Wifi that drops regularly.4. Your customer service people insisted that I needed the Go Pro Exporter to put my files on the Go Pro Plus site. My university forbids the use of the Microsoft Store. I had to wait 7 days to have them figure out how to download the Go Pro Exporter. They created a special work-around for me. Why don't you offer your exporter app on the Google Play Store? YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE PEOPLE TOLD ME I SHOULD JUST GIVE UP AND RETURN THE CAMERA IF I COULDN'T REACH THE MICROSOFT STORE. They were completely misinformed. The Go Pro Plus site does not need the videos to go through the Go Pro Exporter. It has a 360 converter built into the software. YES--it takes forever but it works. 5. RE: AUTO UPLOAD. Your interface says that you have to "connect" your camera to the Auto Upload. It never says PAIR your camera to the Go Pro Plus app. I connected the camera using the USB charger cord. It didn't work (of course--it's not meant to do that). GET YOUR LANGUAGE CORRECT! What you need to say is PLUG YOUR CAMERA INTO A WALL OUTLET BECAUSE THIS IS GOING TO TAKE ALL NIGHT. 6. In your instruction set is flawed and confusing--distinguish clearly about what gets plugged into what. USE THE WORD CAMERA for the Go Pro MAX 360 and use the word COMPUTER or INTERNET SITE  for the places we are downloading/uploading to. 7. Make it clear that the Auto Uploaded files will never reside on your computer and it is really important to back up the raw files to a hard disk--JUST IN CASE! It is often necessary for people like me who work "in the field" to work without the internet. You still have to be able to see the material you shot, however. PLEASE MAKE IT CLEAR that Auto Upload is no magical panacea for backing up your files! The Exporter helps you to edit the movies in programs like Adobe Premiere. This requires NO internet connection.
I love the video and images I have shot and I thank you for inventing the MAX. It is truly a beautiful little machine. I wish you would get your USER INTERFACE and instruction set to match the engineering of this wonderful MAX 360 camera. 

Tourist

Re: AUTO UPLOAD IS NOT EASY!!! IT TAKES TIME AND A STABLE INTERNET CONNECTION

I agree on the upload time. I am in U.S. and have the fastest consumer wifi available. I teach online so it is important. It took several hours to upload to 15 minute videos yesterday despite having the fastest SD card that is ciompatible with GoPros. 

On CS. I think anyone who works in customer support should have to use the equipment for at least a week, showing competency in using the product but in doing all the things people may want to do with it. GoPro could learn a lot from Apple. Most of everyone I have spoken to at APple use the things they support and if the first line person cannot help, they get you on with someone who can. I also find chatting a pain. I am not a superb typist. Trying to carry on a technical conversation on chat waists a lot of my time. So there's my rant.

Tourist

Thanks for your words of support. It took me so much time (I didn't have) while I was traveling and figuring out a new culture and the limitations of the wifi. I could have been spared all that with the right customer support.

GoPro