Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Find a solution. Share a solution. Ask a question. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
Nomad
Post your metadata videos here
[ Edited ]

First entry :) Stabilised with the gyroscope data (especially useful for the flat horizon in loops), and obviously all the metrics recorded with the Hero5 Session itself.

More submissions

Highlighted
Backpacker
Re: Post your metadata videos here

@kajuna Totally cool use of metadata from H5S. 

On a scale of 1 to 10, how hard was it to extract all this data?

Curious as to why no MPH/KPH data for the rollercoasters?

Nomad

Thanks @papajody!

On a scale of 1 to 10... 11. I had to do lots and lots of hours of research before I could extract and use the data. It's documented in this group, so now it's uch easier to anyone that comes after.

There is no speed info because the Session does not have a GPS sensor

Backpacker

@kajuna

I'm amazed that the session keeps track of all that metadata --- and DOESNT include a GPS sensor (which seems the most appropriate data to have in an action cam)

Personally I am waiting on GoPro to release an easier way to extract this data.

Explorer
I'm surprised at how much they can pack into the little cube. If GoPro were to release a racing drone or a smaller "Mavic like" drone I assume they will build it around the Session form factor. If so, then I also assume A GPS receiver might be added (not necessarily for a racing drone but still would be nice).
Explorer
@kajuna

Great work!
Backpacker

@danielr15 

I agree they pack an aweful lot into that small cube... but a GPS sensor is small these days and would be a welcome addition to the metadata recorded!

Explorer
Oh, I agree. I just think decisions had to be made to keep the H5 Session $100 less than the Black and to have enough to differentiate between the two. I personally think the Session form factor is underrated and the LCD back perhaps overrated. However, the lesson was learned with the Hero4 Session. It has to be cheaper or the interest isn't there. Adding GPS adds to the cost and/or lowers profits. If it increased sales over the Black by adding it, it might have actually cost GoPro revenue.

If GoPro releases a competitive drone that uses the Session (one that competes as a drone and not a filming system like Karma), then I think you will see the GPS sensor.