Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Find a solution. Share a solution. Ask a question. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
Highlighted
Nomad
New drag-and-drop tool for extracting GPS data and more

Hi guys,

I just published a beta version of my new web-app at https://tailorandwayne.com/gopro-telemetry-extractor/

There will still be bugs, and I plan on adding many features to it over time.

I knew people were not able to use the GPMD2CSV tool on Mac or Linux, and something more user-friendly was needed too, so after seing the great work @boldbeach40806 had done on his Serious Racing site (shout-out to him! 

https://community.gopro.com/t5/GoPro-Metadata-Visualization/Extracting-the-metadata-in-a-useful-form...) I decided to give it a try.

Please let me know if you encounter any bugs or if you have a cool new feature you'd like to see added (can't promise anything).

Also, if you create something cool with this, please share it :).

Nomad
Re: New drag-and-drop tool for extracting GPS data and more

New feature, you can now download a CSV list of the Highlight tags in your video. For now only files up to 2GB are supported. Will try to fix that in the future.

Annotation 2019-04-17 013704.png

I also fixed small bugs here and there.

I've got many more features in my to-do list, but if you need something specific you can let me know here :)

Nomad
[ Edited ]

I see many people using the tool, but it would be cool if you guys shared your telemetry enabled creations :).

I'm adding some of them to this playlist:

Nomad

New major upgrade to the tool. Now you can export potentially unlimited sensors (any that GoPro decides to add in the future) in many different formats. Some of the interesting ones: ISO, Shutter Speed, White Balance and Face tracking! You can also filter the data to get better results and export for After Effects to create your own data visualisation.

Annotation 2019-06-16 143159.png

I'm especially interested in feedback from those of you who use Virb Edit. You might need to play around with the filters in order to get appropriate data. Let me know how that goes and I'll update the defaults if possible.

Nomad
[ Edited ]

Hey guys,

New relevant update to the app. Now you can create visualizations of your GoPro sessions from the site itself. Here are some results I've gotten.

https://tailorandwayne.com/gopro-telemetry-extractor/

GX010036_1_ACCL_zxy.pngGL010071_1_HUES_3224152 (2).pnghero7a_1_ACCL_xy.pngGL010071_1_SCEN_snowurbanindoorwatervegetationbeach.pngadvanced_1_ACCL_zxy (2).pngfaces_1_GYRO_zxy (2).png

Tourist

Hey kajuna,

I can't thank you enough for sharing your work with us :)

Just used the MGJSON in AE. Fails when trying to import it.

There's a typo apparently in the generated files: need to change 

"hasExpectedFrequencyB"

to

"hasExpectedFrequecyB"

Works great after that!

Nomad
[ Edited ]

@toughcliff67763 Thanks for reporting that. I just fixed it. Adobe's documentation on mgJSON is an absolute disaster. I contacted them asking if those typos should be kept in the code or they were just documentation errors but they never replied. So all we got is trial and error.

Edit: Actually, my After Effects reads both frequecy and frequency. Maybe they fixed that in a recent version

Tourist
First time I saw the error, I assumed the 'n' was missing in the file, but it was the other way around lol

Ah I'm still on Win 7, so stuck on 2018 version

Hey any chance to generate the mgJSON using batch file? Online we have to do it one by one