on 11-25-2017 04:25 AM
I do not have GoPro 6 samples, however gonzoxyz tried (mentioned a few posts earlier) my application trassy.pl with GoPro 6 and it worked for him for the scope of meta data I am using (lat, long, alt, speed, time, GPS signal quality). So at leat for those parameters if we follow the mp4/GoPro structure we are OK, or seems so :)
on 01-04-2018 12:56 AM
I updated trassy.pl GPS parsing and exporting to GPX with following feature (on Plawa suggestion - thanks Martin!):
- process and downoload GPX files individually for every input GoPro mp4 file. Download GPX files are stored in the folder and packed with zip. This feature is especcially benefitial if there is no continuity among individual files/GPS meta data
Link to the feature (login with facebook account needed):
on 01-17-2018 02:23 PM
Well, it took me the whole evening to figure it out, but I finaly found an easy way to extract the GPS data of my Hero5 and transfert to Google Earth!
0. Install the Google Earth Pro desktop app and the excellent RaceRender 3
1. In RaceRender, open your GoPro MP4 file. RaceRender will find the GPS data in it and ask you if you want to import it as well: you sure do.
2. After some more steps, you will see your RaceRender project panel with the MP4 file and a file named yourvideo-RR_Data. That's your telemetry data right there.
3. Right-click on it and select "Export Data" -> "Google Earth .KML (GPS only)". Save your KML file on your disk.
4. Open the KML file in Google Earth and voilà !
01-29-2018 04:57 AM - edited 01-29-2018 04:57 AM
Has anyone found a way to extract the data for the Fusion? I've tried both the original GPMD2CSV.BAT (and required programs) and the modified one as well as Dashware and RaceRender. None of these are able to parse the data in the Fusion mp4 file. There is data present because I have been able to use ffmpeg to extract it from the stream but the extracted CSV files are empty. I would be happy to provide sample camera footage if needed. Thanks in advance.
on 01-29-2018 05:25 AM
on 01-29-2018 05:52 AM
@kajuna Thank you. Please find below the link to 30 sec of sample footage. There are two files. One from each of the front and rear cameras. I believe the data is recorded in the footage from the front camera but I have included both just in case.