Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
Highlighted
Nomad
Hero 8 / GoPro Max Telemetry
[ Edited ]

Hi,

Just creating this thread to gather information on the metadata available in the new Hero 8 and Max cameras.

All info is welcome, especially sample files.

Edit. The 8 has got some new sensors (or rather new data streams)!

Camera orientation, image orientation, gravity vector, wind processing, microhpone is wet and audio levels

Annotation 2019-10-02 002546.jpg

Nomad
Re: Hero 8 / GoPro Max Telemetry
[ Edited ]

I just updated the online telemetry extractor ( https://goprotelemetryextractor.com/free) to support GoPro Max's .360 files. They contain a new stream called Disparity Matrix

Hiker
[ Edited ]

Hi,

could anybody try this (

) with the hero 8 and rotate the cam while filming and see if horizon stays levelled, even if upside down. With Max I saw it works, but with hero 8...?

Thanks

Sightseer

Can the telemetry overlay be done on the hero 8 black?

I've recently bought one, and can't seem to get it working. the Gopro GPS is solid. The quik desktop just says: "Guages are only available for videos captured with the Karma drone, or HERO5 and newer cameras with GPS turned on."

The quik for mobile says there's not GPS DATA try uploading direct from your GoPro.

Any help in this would be greatly apprecaited. 

Running Mac version of Quik and downloaded latest software for both.

Thanks

Nomad

@silkem552 I am interested in knowing that too. Unfortunately I don't have a hero8 to test it with. If anyone here does, I suspect the results will be better when recording in 4:3 formats (instead of 16:9)

@dan9780 It appears to be a problem with the Quik software. A fix is expected.

Other than that, telemetry wise, a nice addition to the new cameras is that they store a microsecond time stamp for many of the streams, which makes syncing them with the video frames easier and more accurate for other software.

Sightseer

I have just tried this for you.

It does work, but massively crops the video. Like I'm talking it tookt the centre quarter of the image and stabilised it. But i did rotate it a full 90 degrees. 

the less initial rotation the less it would be required to crop.

Hope that helps

Sightseer
Thanks for that, hope it comes out quick!
Hiker
Betreff: Hero 8 / GoPro Max Telemetry

Does it crop as much as "reelsteadygo"? I guess if you only rotated 90° and it leaves only the center quarter, what happens if you fully rotate it 360°? Any sample footage available?