Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
Sightseer
Re: Extracting the metadata in a useful format
@dzeek CaraVR uses NUKE's Ocula tech, which allows for a real "seamless" stitch that shows no ghosting if done accurately. Convergence and warping is all customizable and animated. It also provides the closest approximation to real-world geometry when finished.

It is an intensive process, both workflow and hardware wise, but well worth it!
Nomad
@bjd4 Thanks for explaining. I don’t have experience with CaraVR and Nuke but have heard them mentioned in discussions with other VR photographers. I bit off topic, but I’d be interested in your opinion on how the result compares to that from Fusion Studio.
Tourist
[ Edited ]

Hi,

Thanks for the work on getting metadata from gopro cam.

Does someone write a go file that extract data from hero 5 or 6 black with all informations and the associated Dashware data profile ?

Thanks

Hiker

I've just bought Racerender 3, this apps is powerful, nothing to do with data, just create the videos and its ok

This apps is made for gopro

Sightseer
I'm curious if anyone has figured out the coordinate axes for the Hero 5 session. From scouring this forum I'm tempted to conclude that a positive Y acceleration is "down" if the camera is oriented such that the record button is up.
Hiker

Hello,

I have Gopro Fusion. It will be apprecite it if anyone guides me Step-by-Step to extract the GPS data and use it with Dashware. I tried to follow the steps in the 1st post but without success. 

Nomad

@meshala2383

See my response to your other post.

Highlighted
Hiker

Please, check the additional steps If you are interesting to have the telemetry data in GPX format. 

These are the additional steps to export the telemetry data in gpx format:

15: Create a folder in %USERPROFILE%\go\src\github.com\tkrajina\ (replace %USERPROFILE% with you user profile folder, usually something like c:\Users\yourName\) You can get more help on this here: https://golang.org/doc/
16: Download the gpxgo from https://github.com/tkrajina/gpxgo by clicking on the green "Clone or download" button. Download as zip.
17: Unzip what you just downloaded, open the new folder and copy its content (it's also a folder named "gpxgo-master") in the \tkrajina\ folder that you just created.
18: Remove the "-master" part from the folder name, so that it becomes "gpxgo".
19: GGo to your folder \go\src\github.com\stilldavid\gopro-utils\bin\gopro2gpx\, unselect any file and do SHIFT+RIGHT MOUSE CLICK and select "Open command window here"
20: In the command prompt, write "go build", withouth the quotes and press ENTER. This should create a gopro2gpx.exe file.
21: copy both the .bin and your .mp4 video files to the \gopro2gpx\ folder of step 8. Paste them.
22: Open a command prompt and type: "gopro2gpx -i filename.bin". This will create .gpx data file. Copy it somewhere safe with the original video file, as the next file you process will overwrite them.

Note: For Gopro Fusion, the telemetry data is stored in Fusion FRONT camera video file.

@kajuna  You may add them in the 1st page if you think it will better.