Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Labs
Hiker

scripts: remind me please

[ New ]

Is there a way to clear a metadata tag like it never existed, maybe !MOWNA= or !MOWNA=""?

Why am I using \5 for spaces in display strings? And are there any other magic escapes other than \n? Maybe an escape for quotes themselves?

GoPro

Re: scripts: remind me please

[ New ]

Not individually, no.  !RESET will clear everything that Labs has stored on camera.

You can use spaces between quotes, so !MOWNA="Hello World" works fine. Where did you get the \5 suggestion, I know it was a hack for something I had, please share?

There is no way (currently) to store quotes in the string storage metadata.  Why do you need to do that?

Hiker

Re: scripts: remind me please

[ New ]

I think it was something about saving scripts to the SD card using a QR code not allowing spaces. I'm sure you must have suggested using \5 as that is a unique language feature (unlike \n). I recall trying other backslash escapes, only to have the font change size in non-obvious ways.

In any case, I am still using \5 even though I have been editing scripts on the SD card directly using Notepad for a month now. It works, but is apparently unnecessary. The question came up as I considered making scripts more readable and reusable using Python or M4.

As an example of spaces in strings, rather than setting owner metadata, I used this:

QR code, scan once to set
!MDSPL=250!MBOOT="!Lboot"

boot (file on SD card)
oMDSPL=5"Green\5Koopa\5\nPlease\5Call:\n555-555-5555"oMDSPL=1