Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Labs
Tourist

gopro not powering off after QR

[ New ]

First of all thanks to the community for answering noob questions.  I am having an issue while testing out QR codes, in that my Hero8 doesn't always seem to turn off after taking night lapse sequences.  I tried out this simple code this morning to start a night lapse at 5:00am and run for an hour:  !05:00mNL!S!3600E.  When I checked my camera out around 7:25 it had recorded the nightlapse but the screen was still on and the battery which started out at 100% when I input the code last night was down at 25%.  I figure I can try to put in a camera-off command after the time-lapse completes !05:00mNL!S!3600E!06:05O, but it's weird that the camera doesn't auto power-off on it's own.  

GoPro

Re: gopro not powering off after QR

[ New ]
It should follow the camera's setting for auto-power off. I will look into that.
Tourist

[ New ]

Thanks Dan.  I've not had issues with the regular video modes.  If I use !3600E for the stop time, is this independent of the capture interval?  I believe I had night mode set to capture once every four seconds, could this somehow be confusing the timer?  I'll try a set capture interval such as !05:00mNL!S!06:00E tonight and see if this makes a difference.

GoPro

[ New ]

The issue relates to the wake timer, so it is the !05:00N command. I trying out a fix for a future release.  

Tourist

[ New ]

For what it's worth, I found a workaround by adding !<time>O to the end of my command string, worked a charm.  A couple of other bugs, which maybe will be worth a clue, are that the camera seems to change alot of my default settings after running.  It changes default on setting to whatever I used in the command string, in this case night-lapse, as well as turning my voice commands and wireless connections to "off".  It doesn't mess around with changes to individual modes however (such as action video settings).  I haven't had time to eperiment to see if this happens only when a !<hh:mm>"command" is used or if it also happens with a !<seconds delay>"command" code is used.

GoPro

[ New ]
I found the issue. Some of the Labs wake commands turn off voice, WiFi and Quick Capture -- this is somewhat by design, either to enable the hacked feature or preserve power.
Tourist

[ New ]

Okay then, at least I know its not something i'm doing wrong  Thanks for your reply.