Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Labs
Tourist

When the original GoPro Labs firmware and ReelSteady

[ New ]

When the original GoPro labs firmware was released. One of its features was "The GoPro Labs' firmware optimizes HERO8 Black's in-camera rolling shutter correction to be more suitable for ReelSteady GO stabilization."

I don't see this listed anymore as a feature of the latest Labs firmware.  Because ReelSteady is an important aspect of my use of the GoPro should I upgrade my Labs firmware?

GoPro

Re: When the original GoPro Labs firmware and ReelSteady

[ New ]

Back with the first Labs release, ReelSteady wasn't working perfectly with HERO8, and Labs help address that issue.  Now ReelSteady is working with the latest HERO8 firmware, with or without Labs extras.  So you are good to go with ReelSteady.  

Tourist

Re: When the original GoPro Labs firmware and ReelSteady

[ New ]

The folks at ReelSteady told me that the version of the firmware that came out long after Labs that allowd you to use the camera as a webcam was not recomended at that time and they recomended I use the Labs firmware at that time.

I tried it and it was really bad compared to the labs firmware it had a load of rolling shutter issues back then.