Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Labs
Hiker

The ownership details disappear too fast can they be slowed down?

[ New ]

Have just added the ownership details with the QR code great idea but flashes off before you can read the phone number. Is this information stored inside the camera settings so they can be found later on the camera?

GoPro

Re: The ownership details disappear too fast can they be slowed down?

[ New ]
This information is also stored within every video and photo created, although those are harder to find. The message was kept short intensionally to limit the disruption to camera operations -- it doesn't prevent recording, but you can't scan new QR Codes until the message is complete.

However, you can make the message last longer and say more.  

The owner information page was designed to keep things simple: https://gopro.github.io/labs/control/owner/

It uses the command !MOWNR="your message"

Which functions like this:
!M = store metadata
OWNR = store with metadata ID "OWNR"
"the metadata" = what is stored  

All OWNx metadata fields will display, so OWNA, OWNB, etc., each show for one second.

So if you used the web like with !MOWNR="your name"

you could use https://gopro.github.io/labs/control/custom/ within the Additional Commands field

!MOWNA="your name"

and "your name" will now display for 2 seconds (as it is presented twice.)

OR

!MOWNA="your name"
!MOWNB="your cell number"
!MOWNC="your email address"

each showing for one second, for a three second message.

I hope this is helpful.
Hiker

[ New ]

Thanks for your help. I am trying to understand what you are saying. So if I, say, add my name 3 times and my phone number 3 times to extend the time that will fix it? In the box where I add this information do I need to add a new line - I'm not sure how this extra information is actually added?

GoPro

[ New ]

Sorry, as a developer, I might have been using too much geek speak.  You have the basic idea. If you have it say your name twice, it will be on twice as long.  The problem is you will have the type the extra commands in manually, as this is a technical solution beyond the easy web interface. On this page look for "Additional Commands:"  then type !MOWNA="Your Name"

As this is easy to get wrong, the command:     !RESET     will erase any errors and you can start again. 

AdditionalCommands.png
Hiker

[ New ]

HaHa yeah you sort of did a little. To me it's like brain surgery which is also a tad above my pay grade. I will try it shortly before I reply and see what happens - I will get back to you soon. I do appreciate intellect and appreciate your support by sharing some of yours. Thanks 

GoPro

[ New ]

Scan each of these in order.  This will demo the multiple messages.  The reboot the camera to see the result.  

ThreeMessages.png
GoPro

[ New ]

After you have played with that. This QR Code will erase those messages.

Qr_RESET.png
Hiker

[ New ]

OK thanks will see how it goes. Thanks again