Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Labs
Highlighted
Hiker

Super important! Metadata needs to store local Timezone for GP time code.

So it's great that you store the Timezone in your time code metadata. However for us editors that don't live In the UTC Timezone it's a real hassle. Especially the further you live from it.

you see if I record at 10am in EST Australia (+10hrs) I take my footage and import into my NLE (Premiere Pro) and it thinks it was recorded at 10am UTC so it's 10 hours off. I shoot with multiple cameras and sorting by time is so helpful for editing.

can we please, please fix this. You can alter the metadata easy if you store the local Timezone.

this issue has existed forever and whilst I am enjoying the labs can we get this one up to of the firmware roadmap. Please if someone lives in a +10 Timezone just subtract 10 hours when writing the time code.

you will save my life! This issue adds unnecessary editing time to my life. Lol. No seriously, c'mon!

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Super important! Metadata needs to store local Timezone for GP time code.

Which metadata is only in UTC time?  The Timecode track uses local time, that is what most editing tools should see.