Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Labs
Hiker

Startup problems with labs.

[ New ]

Ive had this a few times now since the labs install basically trying to start the camera using the power button is erratic.

Normally press the power button and the gopro springs quickly into life.

Every so often now on pressing the button nothing happens, no red light no display no startup. I think one of the times i got it going again by a very long press on the power button , the other i had to remove the battery to power cycle.

I think just before this behaviour i had removed the card, given the camera a charge and reinserted the card.

I'm wondering if there is some left over QR settings that are causing issues on the wakep - since obviously the QR now has wakeup functionality.   So my question : is there a QR reset setting as such that might clear a condition like this, ie : your not using QR functionality just normal wake up ?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Startup problems with labs.

[ New ]

There is a known bug in the Labs firmware, hopefully fixed in a future update. If you add a fresh battery or change the sd card, you will see the red LED flash.  The camera is temporarily booting with the battery or SD card event. Normally it will shutdown again within about 10 seconds, it doesn't even wake the LCD.  Of course the user (you) can press power within those 10 seconds, and the camera should wake normally. Here is the weird bit with Labs, if you press power straight after the flash, it works fine, if you press power after 10 seconds (normal use case) it works fine, however pressing the power between 5 and 10 second after a battery change, puts the camera into a weird state. This is what you are likely seeing.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Hiker

[ New ]

oh actually one more point, today event happened after a full charge ( ie many hours ) but the charge led was still on. This charge LED was also a bit random in the non labs firmware - but just thought would mention this in case related.

GoPro

[ New ]

There is a known bug in the Labs firmware, hopefully fixed in a future update. If you add a fresh battery or change the sd card, you will see the red LED flash.  The camera is temporarily booting with the battery or SD card event. Normally it will shutdown again within about 10 seconds, it doesn't even wake the LCD.  Of course the user (you) can press power within those 10 seconds, and the camera should wake normally. Here is the weird bit with Labs, if you press power straight after the flash, it works fine, if you press power after 10 seconds (normal use case) it works fine, however pressing the power between 5 and 10 second after a battery change, puts the camera into a weird state. This is what you are likely seeing.

Hiker

[ New ]

Thanks for reply , that does sound what i'm seeing.  Now i know, i can work round that.