Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Labs
Tourist

Some Videos won't display on laptop imported from SD card

[ New ]

1. the first couple of weeks using my GoPro recording videos with flawless.  import videos from the SD card to the laptop was flawless. 

this weekend I recorded about a dozen videos - I imported the videos - these are all from the same location- all from the same day - now some of the videos display no problem but some of the videos only have audio with a black screen. 

2. work around attempts: unmount the SD card, delete the files off laptop and attempt again.  same problem....no change. 

3. Included are screenshots of my files - some ofas you'll see some photos and videos are rendering fun while the problematic files are displayed in a red and icon not displaying the videos.

4, could this be a OS / operating system issue or a corrupt file from the GoPro Hero 9 black camera? Note: I'm using a Google Chromebook with the current Android buildwith the current Android build.

any suggestions for a workaround would be appreciated.

Screenshot 2021-02-25 at 9.37.32 AM.png
Hiker

Re: Some Videos won't display on laptop imported from SD card

[ New ]

Might comment on the card your using.

Tourist

[ New ]

Im using the SD Card that came with my Hero 9 Black 4 weeks ago. Thanks

Tourist

[ New ]
note all of my videos display on my GoPro camera no problem.
GoPro

[ New ]

While I think this is posted to the wrong forum (I gather you aren't using Labs Firmware), but it does seem a weird issue if the camera plays these files, but the chromebook doesn't.  Can you share an example of an effected file (via google drive or dropbox, etc.)?

Tourist

[ New ]
Thank you for replying. I'm in New year's Eve and don't have any idea what labs firmware is?

2. Attached is a Google drive link to a file with this issue. Note some of my GoPro Hero 9 black .mp4 display on Google drive no problem; https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-oj5Wu7BdAblvyP0cqYWE7H7NPrN17pZ/view?usp=drivesdk
Tourist

[ New ]
GoPro

[ New ]

This is the forum for Labs (experimental firmware for experimental features.)

This is a normal, but very short black clip (covered lens?), shot near Reseda, at ISO 200 Max and native WB, Linear, Boost, 2.7k 4x3 at 60p (and lots of other info in metadata.)  

It seems that this issue is with the Chromebook not the file(s), as this is working correctly on Windows.