Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Labs
Tourist

Repeating Motion Detection After Time Delayed Start Not Working

[ New ]

So I'm trying to do motion detection for bird watching and I want the camera to shutdown and capture at sunrise (since I don't want to wake up that early just to set up my camera). After a series of tests, however, I came to realize that motion detection fails to repeat after the time delay to startup, even with the repeat command turned on. It only repeats the command to shutdown and capture (i.e. if you set it to capture in one hour, it will be in motion detection mode after that one hour but won't repeat the motion detection command, only the startup command). Thus, for my purpose, the camera will function as intended until it detects motion once, and then it'll shut off until the next sunrise (effectively allowing me to capture one bird, but with the false positive rate, even that is highly unlikely), which is pointless for my use. I've tried to put an "!R!R" at the end of the command instead of one in an effort to repeat both, but it didn't work. I've even tried putting an "!R" right after the command to shutdown and capture and another "!R" after the command for motion detection, but no luck. Does there need to be a fix or am I missing something here?

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Repeating Motion Detection After Time Delayed Start Not Working

[ New ]

What you want to do is a little complex, but it can be done using conditionals. But you will have to manually set your start time, rather than use the sunrise calculator.

So if you want to do motion detection between 6am and 8:30am each day, you can use a command like this:

>06:00<8:30!SM3H5~!06:00N!R

>06:00<8:30   if time > 6am and time < 8:30am

!SM3H5              start motion capture

~                      else

!06:00N               wake at the next 6am

!R                    repeat

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Re: Repeating Motion Detection After Time Delayed Start Not Working

[ New ]

What you want to do is a little complex, but it can be done using conditionals. But you will have to manually set your start time, rather than use the sunrise calculator.

So if you want to do motion detection between 6am and 8:30am each day, you can use a command like this:

>06:00<8:30!SM3H5~!06:00N!R

>06:00<8:30   if time > 6am and time < 8:30am

!SM3H5              start motion capture

~                      else

!06:00N               wake at the next 6am

!R                    repeat