Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Labs
Hiker

QR codes no longer work on Hero8.

[ New ]

QR codes were working extremely well on my Hero8 previously.  Now, the Hero8 will NOT recognize any QR Codes at all.  Even the start up with my name and phone number has disappeared.  Since the QR Code update has been installed, there have been 2 other updates.  The QR Codes were working with the 1st update AFTER the QR Codes but have disappeared completely now.  I have not completed any factory reset.  Where can I locate the QR Code update and attempt a reinstall?

GoPro

Re: QR codes no longer work on Hero8.

[ New ]

That is the correct behavior as you have updated (likely through the App) to the mainline firmware (v2.0).  If you want to install Labs firmware again (v1.70.75) you can follow this preceedure from here: https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/Introducing-GoPro-Labs/ta-p/603173

Hiker

[ New ]

Thank you for the quick reply.  All my updates are completed by placing the update on an SD card and insert, then turn on the zHero8 for automatic install.

So, if I understand correctly, in order to keep the QR Codes, I either do NOT update, or if after an update and loss of the QR code function, I must re-install the QR Code update!  Is that correct?

is there a location where I can pick and choose the Hero8 updates from the past?

Again, thank you for rapid reply.

Highlighted
GoPro

[ New ]
That is correct. The link I have provided above will point you to the original GoPro Labs firmware.
Hiker

[ New ]

Do the newer updates also incorporate the previous released updates? 

GoPro

[ New ]
The GoPro Labs firmware has not changed.