Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Labs
Hiker

QR codes and camera disappearing - camera not found

[ New ]

Hi to all! Smiley Happy

After couple attempts of using gopro labs firmware to shoot long term timelapses, I can't figure out why camera is switching wireless connection to OFF after read QR.

For example:

mTNp.120eAfWtwNi1sLg0vq0dTNoV0D4CS1W1!06:00S!21:00E!R

The camera is going to sleep till 6:00 but with connection set to off why? I set oW1 - wireless ON - parameter!

If I will manually turn gopro on and manage to set the connection to ON (despite the on screen titles etc. which is super annoying) it seams to be visiable in the app.

I can turn it on remotely and have a couple of second to check the memory card capacity etc. before it goes to sleep.

But when the camera is recording timelapse and I will try to connect, it will return an error and camera disappear from the app (camera not found) but it still continues recording.I have to wait till 9:00 PM to finish and turn gopro on manually to set connection to OFF and ON again to see the camera in the app.

What I want to achive it to have an option to check if the camera is still operating from a distance, without a telescope to see the small screen from far away Robot Frustrated

GoPro

Re: QR codes and camera disappearing - camera not found

[ New ]

This is an intentional battery preserving measure, anytime the camera goes to sleep for more than 2 minutes we turn the Wi-Fi off. So the the fix is to use the following command:

mTNp.120eAfWtwNi1sLg0vq0dTNoV0D4CS1!06:00NoW1!S!21:00E!R

This awakes at 6am, then turns on WiFi, then Starts recording.  

Hiker

[ New ]

Ok, thats understandable but how to maintain wifi during the "wait" or "standby" form 21:00 till 06:00 to wake up the camera via app?

It not always gave the same result, after trying to connect it returns error, after that gopro disappear form the app (connecting while timelapse is recording) why?

Previously I use this:

mPNeAfWtrwNi1M1sMoV1B9D4CSW1>06:00<21:00!120N~!06:00!1SQ!60R

to have more battery life and 3min interval in stead of 2min which is limited by Timelapse mode.

But it seams to take photo in LAST USED MODE not in MODE that is described by the code at front.

GoPro

[ New ]

Ok, thats understandable but how to maintain wifi during the "wait" or "standby" form 21:00 till 06:00 to wake up the camera via app?

You can't use the WiFi during a Labs induced sleep. The camera is completely off to extend battery, WiFi is a significant battery drain.

> It not always gave the same result, after trying to connect it returns error, after that gopro disappear form the app (connecting while timelapse is recording) why?

No idea, this is not a tested mode of operation.  Labs was designed to work independently to the App.

But it seams to take photo in LAST USED MODE not in MODE that is described by the code at front.

The next Labs release should help, but the solution now is simple, wake the camera then set the desired mode. The issue is the presets sometimes override the QR settings, as the camera completely shuts down with long sleeps, it will wake with the default preset settings.  

Hiker

[ New ]

Hi,
I just double check, and you are wrong about connection in "wait" mode.
When GoPro goes to sleep, you can wake it up by hitting the power button and set the connection to ON (you have to be quick to manage it just before it goes back to sleep). Now you have your GoPro visible in app but it's tricky because it's showing CAMERA FOUND for 3-4sek and NOT FOUND and again and again BUT you can hit Control Your GoPro and it will turn it on, show the welcome LABs screen, display START TIME etc. next it goes back to sleep and disconnect.You can wake up GoPro like this for all the time, but not after next long sleep.
In my case after 21:00 and you have to make this trick again.
Is there any option to set this connection for sleep mode as I describe it but to keep it ON all the time?
I'm guessing that is bluetooth signal like for smart remote.

Take a look at this:

and how I set i up: 
 What do you think?

GoPro

[ New ]

Not very wrong ;)  I said the Labs will shutdown the WiFi, but it only upon reading the QR. It seem you can manually turn it on again, and the script will still run with more power drain.  It is a workaround of sorts.

Highlighted
Hiker

[ New ]

Hi!,

Can you tell me what the mTN command means? This command does not appear in the command list:
https://gopro.github.io/labs/control/settings/

Looks like it could mean a night timelapse mode. What are their characteristics?

Regards...

Miguel Ángel

GoPro

[ New ]

It tries for mode photo night lapse.  It was documented as it did work.  However it will work if you have pre-created that preset.