Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Labs
Tourist

Problem with large chapters

[ New ]

I've enabled large chapters using the QR code at https://gopro.github.io/labs/control/chapters/

I've made a 35 min video recording (4k, PAL, 25fps, Linear Lesn, Hypersmooth Boost). Two chapter files are produced. The first file which I expected to be 12Gb is only 3.17Gb and is corrupted. The second file is 3.3Gb and plays fine.

I've repeated this with a second recording and have exactly the same problem.

Any ideas what's wrong? It would be a great feature if I could get it to work

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Problem with large chapters

[ New ]

The camera's playback and USB transfers do not support large chapters.  However if you read the SD Card directly everything is there.  I will add more clarity to the webpage.

View solution in original post

LargeChapter.png

All Replies
Nomad

[ New ]

I have recorded 45 minutes - three files (2x 11.19GB, 1x 6.35GB) were recorded. All three files can be played on the PC or Android tablet. NOT on the GoPro - "view not possible"!

Nomad

[ New ]

record in video format 2k7 30fps wide.

Nomad

[ New ]

I have now continued to experiment. Photos are displayed correctly on the GoPro. A 10 second video with 4K60fps is also displayed. Apparently, firmware 1.7 cannot handle large (> 4GB) files when playing videos ...

GoPro

[ New ]

Yes, that is correct and it is stated on the 12GB Chapter web page.

"Warning: Larger chapters may not work everywhere in the ecosystem, even the camera will not playback files larger than 4GB in this current firmware. "

Tourist

[ New ]

Thanks for this.

I changed my video settings to the same as yours - 2.7K / 30 fps / ntsc. Same problem. The first chapter file is cut short at 3.17G when it should be 12Gb ( or thereabouts).

I wonder if it's a regional thing. Anyone from Europe / UK got large chapters to work?

Thanks Iain

Tourist

[ New ]

@0dan0 thanks. Not a problem with the ecosystem in this case, the GoPro is messing up the first chapter file

GoPro

[ New ]

What size media are you using?