Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
GoPro Labs
GoPro

News: Android QRControl v1.2 Beta

[ New ]

It would be nice to have some pre-release feedback:

Download and directly install the Android APK for QRControl v1.2 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1bb3wi7ev9pevfa/QRControlv120.apk?dl=1

Changes:

- Adding support for 2021 Labs releases
- Added Hindsight and Duration Limit controls for HERO9

- Added 3K and 5K 360° video support for GoPro MAX 
- Added New motion types: Gyro, Accelerometer and both for all Labs camera.

- Added Shutter Lock Auto 
- Some bug fixes and UI cleanup

GoPro

Re: News: Android QRControl v1.2 Beta

[ New ]
iOS support will release with the Android version, I just can't easily do a beta on iOS. Same code though.
Nomad

[ New ]

Briefly tested beta app. and works fine.

In the phone there's the added difficulty to memorize and type commands like ¡RESET, etc. Why not a complete list of functions to tap directly for QR generation? As with the web page format perhaps would make accessibility much easier.

Thanks

GoPro

[ New ]

Thanks for trying it out.

I will be adding some of the many custom commands in a future update.

Hiker

[ New ]

I haven't tried the beta yet, as I've only today tried the Android version on Google Play, which seems to have an incomplete feature.  On the right of the QR grid there are buttons for New, Delete, Save and Clear.  This looks like it's intended for saving more than one setup and being able to recall previous setups.  Save requested storage permission, which I granted, but there doesn't appear to be anywhere to recall other setups.

If you aren't intending to have a Recall button, the most obvious place to select previous setups would be the text field to the right of the Added Command field.  If this had a pull-down arrow, this could select previous setups and maybe also provide a search so that it's easy to deal with a large number of setups.

My apologies if this has already been dealt with in the "bug fixes and UI cleanup".

GoPro

[ New ]

Swipe the QR Code left or right for viewing addtional stored QR Codes.  It all works, although there enough internal changes I had to reset the database in the next version.

'+' adds more QR Code pages.

'-' deletes the current QR Code page.

Save - just saves the image

Clear - refreshes/clear the current page.

swipe right-to-left, go to the preview QR Code.

swipt left-to-right, go to the next QR Code.

Hiker

[ New ]

Thanks - I hadn't thought of swiping/scrolling sideways, like with emails in Gmail...  Could we have a hint on screen, like Previous and Next arrows?

How do we install the beta app?  I tried clicking on the dropbox link in Chrome on my android, but it didn't appear to do anything.  Do I need to grant permission somewhere for non-playstore apps to be installed?

GoPro

[ New ]
Download the APK to your phone (long press on the link above) and then use Google Files to open and select install from the its options.
Nomad

[ New ]

@navvy it's not visible, tap on the three dots (right-down corner) and select "export" in the options appearing select "my device" and should download to your files, then go for it and open it and installation should happen, but first follow the instructions about security settings on your smartphone explained by @0dan0 

GoPro

[ New ]

No need to for the manual .apk load.  I launched 1.2 publically, Google released it faster than ever, just waiting on Apple.

Tourist

[ New ]

excellent app.. thank you.  was wondering if you thought of a tab that you could download existing codes, like the owner info code?  just a thought.  

GoPro

[ New ]

It would be nice to be able to scan code, and auto populate the controls, but that will be a large effort.  The new 1.3 is roling out today, it supports owner information.

Hiker

[ New ]

Shutter speed readings from the QR code do not apply in Photo Mode. Is there a fix for it or a different command?

Could you also make it so that we could also choose lower shutter speed than the current lowest which is 1/125? I know that the camera is able to go lower because when I choose Auto the shutter speed becomes noticeably lower than 1/125.