Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Labs
Tourist

NDI Support

[ New ]

Hi! I've been playing around with the HERO8's RTMP streaming feature, but the limitations of RTMP enlightened me to the existance of another piece of tech called NDI, which seems to have substantially lower latency and increased flexibility due to not needing to host an RTMP ingest server. There is an iOS NDI camera application that works amazingly and if that same functionality could exist inside my HERO8s, that would be remarkable.

GoPro

Re: NDI Support

[ New ]
Tourist

[ New ]
Yes, sir! NewTek also publishes the NDI HX Camera iOS app that presumably utilizes HX/HX2 and I've used that with remarkable video quality, latency, and ease-of-use. If that was in a HERO I would be even more in love with these cameras haha.
Sightseer

[ New ]
Just checking on if there are conversations happening around this for GoPro. I believe I have a Hero6 Black and would like to know if possible firmware update for it would incorporate this. If not, and this comes to a different GoPro, I would 1000% buy another.
Sightseer

[ New ]

Bump on follow up on this post about incorporating NDI support into the GoPro firmware. 

I just purchased a 9 Black. The Windows GoPro Webcam beta is "beta" and Livestream Studio doesn't recognize it. I'm going the long way of gopro 9 live > phone app > RTMP > desktop running RTMP Server > Livestream Studio 6. I would prefer NDI with lower latency and better connectiviy also. I would definitly purchase another if there was an NDI option.

Setting up the app connection and the "live" connection is more miss than hit on getting it to work not to mention setting up the RTMP server process. Please add NDI as a firmware update.

Tourist

[ New ]

Bump on this thread any updates on this has anyone found a work around?

\