Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
GoPro Labs
Hiker

Max Lens Mod setting for QR code?

[ New ]

How can I find settings for a Hero9 with a Max Lens Mod? Currently the settings page only has normal settings.

GoPro

Re: Max Lens Mod setting for QR code?

[ New ]

Unfortuantely the QR Codes were wrapped up for HERO9, before we all got the Max Lens Mod. Just set those controls with the UI.

Hiker

[ New ]

Got it but it makes using the QR codes meaningless for video settings if I have to go into the camera to change them. And since the Hero9 doesn't work with the Pixel 4 (app) I'm back to square one.

GoPro

[ New ]

Nonesense.   If you use Max Lens Mode, set it once on camera, than all the QR Code work.   

Hiker

[ New ]

Why would you say "nonsense" when what I said is 100% factual. My plan is to keep QR codes on my phone so I can easily change settings but if I have to go into the camera and make changes again then there is no benefit of the QR codes that don't work.

Your answer should have been either "we are working to add mod features" or "we have no plans to add mods settings".

GoPro

[ New ]

LOL! I still think you misunderstand a fundamental. A QR Code for adding a lens modification is a nice to have, but it can't physically add the Mod of course, so you are required to do a camera action anyway. 100% of all existing QR Codes still work, "100% factual", so your claims to the contrary are nonesense. They also work with the lens Mod attached. Are you suggesting that only want a single QR Code for enabling Max Lens Mod? It might be added in the future, no promises.

Hiker

[ New ]

I'm not saying I want the QR to enable the Mod. I'm saying add the option to the existing QR code builder that lets you choose the Mod and therefore the options appear. Just like when you select "Protune Controls" you get 8 options to change.

GoPro

[ New ]

Not necessary, all the options are presented now.  The QR Control interface (web or mobile app) doesn't care what camera you have or what mods are attached, you can request 5Kp240 if you like, it will be ignored (until we ship a camera that does that.) So with a Lens Mod on HERO9 you can only do up to 2.7k 60p or 2.7k 4:3 at 30p, etc. All are available:  

OptionMAXLens.png
Hiker

[ New ]

Doesn't help that the interface allows you to select items then the camera ignores. 

With the Max Lens Mod you can have 2.7K | 60 | SV but the QR code builder will not accept the SV even though you select it to build the QR code.  It drops it all the way down to Wide. 

Not a good design when it either "ignores" or changes the setting all together from what you chose on the generator. Makes the generator not very useful if you have to go in and verify every setting because they are not what you selected.

Would be nice to have a section labled "Max Lens Mod" and the features were limited like they are on the camera.

GoPro

[ New ]

Now the Superview thing is a camera bug, which will need to addressed in firmware. I will take note. However, QR Control web interface is doing the correct thing, and creating the correct code. If you need the QR Control web interface to be more user friendly, that is not the point of Labs. This is tech is it more raw form, most features will never get a nice UI polish. However, all the code is free on github, so you are welcome to create you own enhancement (many have.) 

Hiker

[ New ]

No worries. Just wanted to let GoPro know of the things I found. Thanks