Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Labs
Hiker

Re: Labs in hero9

[ New ]
Hi Dan, thought I’d ask In this thread as you seem to be the expert!... did buy the 9, and this far no success in scheduling at all...it appears camera does turn on at designated time but has yet to turn on AND record a time lapse...any help greatly appreciated as always
GoPro

[ New ]

I haven't yet used HERO9 for serious long delay captures (e.g. sunrises set on the previous day), but I have use it for short future captures and it work well.  What happens when you set it to capture a time lapse for 10 minutes in the future?

Hiker

[ New ]

just tried that... and 10 min in the future works...i truned camera off after setting, it turned back on and captured... thus far, 7 hours in advance is a no go... which sort of defeats the purpose, but i'm sure they'll get it ironed out ... along those lines... is there a way to put the labs firmware on the new camera?... that would sort of solve the issues as well...

GoPro

[ New ]

Not yet.  Labs for HERO9 maybe later this year.   I've only heard of long delay schedule capture failing once before -- I will keep an eye out for it to make sure the bug is addressed.  It is not a bug in H8 Labs. 

Hiker

[ New ]

FYI...tried again overnight...would have been a 6.5hr delay start...and nothing happened...first time camera turned on but did not capture, this time did not turn on or capture...however just confirmed it will start and capture with a 7 min delay...