Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Labs
Hiker

Labs in hero9

[ New ]

looks like labs features now permanent in hero9 without QR code, which is great...does anybody know if protune features remain in all formats (time lapse etc)...or if as many customizable options with scheduled start, record time etc are still there now that features are native? 

GoPro

Re: Labs in hero9

[ New ]

The two features to grow up from Labs are scheduled capture and duration capture. Protune is in all the modes I checked (too many modes to say it is in all.) The more experimental features are still Labs only (GPS computed Sunrise/set captures, construction timelapse, motion/speed triggers, overlays, owner info, larger chapters, alt-filenaming, etc.) I looking to see if or when we can have a Labs build for HERO9.

Hiker

[ New ]

@0dan0 wrote:

The two features to grow up from Labs are scheduled capture and duration capture. Protune is in all the modes I checked (too many modes to say it is in all.) The more experimental features are still Labs only (GPS computed Sunrise/set captures, construction timelapse, motion/speed triggers, overlays, owner info, larger chapters, alt-filenaming, etc.) I looking to see if or when we can have a Labs build for HERO9.

Thanks 0dan!

i guess I'm sort of presuming labs are is gone as it was in the new firmware...would be great if it still worked with qr etc...

thanks again.,,

GoPro

[ New ]

not gone, more to come.

Hiker

[ New ]

@0dan0 wrote:

not gone, more to come.

Great...so buy with confidence that I can keep doing same things as now? 

GoPro

[ New ]

Nop! Labs it whatever it is, experiment features, nothing is garanteed

Hiker

[ New ]

So...keep the 8 and don't update firmware ;)...and buy the 9!? 

Hiker

[ New ]

I hope you are right Dan,  I really like the QR code feature for quickly changing modes.  biking around and scanning a code quickly without having to get phone out, or adjust gopro on chest mount is really useful.

-L