Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Labs
Hiker

Is it possible to start a live-stream via QR code?

[ New ]

If it's not currently possible, it would be super helpful to be able to encode the access point SSID, password, rtmp url, resolution and save-a-copy options into a QR code to save having to go through the app connection process every time.

A bonus (and absolute killer feature) would be being able to set the max bitrate (currently hardcoded to 4mbps) and fps (currently hardcoded to 30fps) too!

Tourist

Re: Is it possible to start a live-stream via QR code?

[ New ]

Absolutely agree and am hoping for a response to this query.

Would make setup a lot easier.. also having the option to set bitrate/framerate would be a literal game changer for streamers on all platforms.

I really appreciate that GoPro is looking more into the stream function, but I feel as if we are sooo close to having something perfect but only really a couple of options away.

Adventurer

[ New ]

Sounds like AGT here Lol. agree to.  i think if its not on the QR   forms here we have to wait for the request.

Sightseer

[ New ]

I agree having a QR code would save users so much time than going into the app everytime. I can just simply generate the QR code for a set of settings from within the app and screenshot it for those times I want to go live from the gopro with those settings. It is possible, I have seen it done by Yi4k and works well.

Sightseer

[ New ]
Totally agree if a preset livestream setting can be encoded and activate by simply point and shoot at a QR code would make my GoPro 8 a livestream killer !

Up the game, my GoPro developer team!
Adventurer

[ New ]

My thoughts out loud and if I can write it  right?

the smartphone you operate, the gopro wifi you operate,  I  guess we also should ask  for a schedule Livestream as well.

I love to see it happen but  I see this QR as more a timer Program. there are no  wifi   enabling at the gopro labs moment, yet alone to operate the gopro app as well. while using the QR.

Love to see that happen but think not.