Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Labs
Tourist

I'm not able to use media mod 3.5mm port for recording how it can be resolve

[ New ]

GoPro

Re: I'm not able to use media mod 3.5mm port for recording how it can be resolve

[ New ]

Is this a GoPro Labs question?  I just test Media Mod with an external microphone via the 3.5mm and it worked fine with the Labs firmware.  Let us know what you are experiencing.

Tourist

Re: I'm not able to use media mod 3.5mm port for recording how it can be resolve

[ New ]

Actually I am facing the problem like without external mic media mod work. But when i insert the external mic into 3.5mm port the audio recording is not happening. I'm using laviear mic 

GoPro

[ New ]

That works fine in my tests. I tried both a wired lav, and Rode Wireless Go, both are working.  You should see the plus icon within the Mic icon in the top right.  If it is not working, please contact support.

ExternalMicConnected.jpg
Tourist

[ New ]

That plus sign is not showing in my gopro after plugin the lav. Mic 

GoPro

[ New ]
Might be a compatibility issue with that microphone. Support would know more. I have ruled out that it is not a Labs issue (this is the Labs forum.)
Tourist

[ New ]
Thanks for helping me out I'll check with another mic. Then I'll reach out to support team thanks for suggestions