Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
GoPro Labs
Adventurer

How to set up commands and more post here help discussions

[ New ]

I thought  this would be a good spot for   a How do I set up a For example a Schedule at 12PM and record for X Amount minute and shut down the camera when completed the task.

1. Here  we can start at  https://gopro.github.io/labs/control/custom/ 

Its 11:00:00 AM I want to film a 5 minute clip and shut down  after its completed.

If I set up for 12PM it be 12:00:00.  I set the Shutdown  and capture  in 1 HR, 00 mins 00 secs. or at camera time 12:00.  At 1 hour from now the camera will proform the video  recording I chosen.  I simply ignore the Sunrise, sunset.  I then set up End capture after: 0 mins 05 secs or  at camera time 12:**   

How do I now set a shut down the camera  time.  Do I   add in the Additional command box;  !<time>O   or  oC1

As I understand this once I finish  my set up, I then simply Scan the code, and allow the camera to shut off, test out the theory, so I can better understand the new concept (reality) and    hope  others can learn from this.

02.jpg

GoPro

Re: How to set up commands and more post here help discussions

[ New ]

This will start at noon and record for an hour.

Noon1hour.png
Adventurer

[ New ]

@0dan0 wrote:

This will start at noon and record for an hour.

@0dan0  I  am interested in shutting the Actual camera down  I understand the  schedule. Please re-read my  issue.

GoPro

[ New ]

oC1 is the safe way to set the 1 minute shutdown.  It is just using the camera's default power saving feature. !O is a hard shutdown, it will not save the camera's current status, it will not even wait to stop recording -- it is almost like pulling the battery.

Adventurer

[ New ]

@0dan0   so then how do I  set a schedule recording,   and when it completes the  time it will shut down  what I asked  at the start. is there a  way to do so ??? 

GoPro

[ New ]

Your question is not 100% clear to me.

You can start at any time, e.g. !20:00S this will start at 8pm

You can stop at any e.g.  !20:30E this will end capture at 8:30pm

You can also start and stop in seconds from now using !60S or !120E etc.

You can combine into very complex capture schedules like:  !06:00S!120E!12:30S!360E!R

which will start at 6am, end after 120 second, shutdown and start again at 12:30pm, end after 360 seconds, repeat the next day.

Adventurer

[ New ]

you are not understanding my question.  So let me  try again to simply show you.

I want to  have the camere TURN off  after it finishes the  schedule wher eis that part.    Plane and simple.

I clearly said that at the main post:

its 11:00AM in an Hour I want to start my video at 12:00PM  run for 5 seconds, then   the camera turn off.

where is the turn off, simply let stand by for 5 full minutes  or is thre a shorter  turn off the command for  auto off is 5 minute minimum!

GoPro

[ New ]

The came will turn off automatically, just as it always did based your preferences.

I meantion it here:

>  "oC1 is the safe way to set the 1 minute shutdown.  It is just using the camera's default power saving feature. .. "

Adventurer

[ New ]

thanks. this is my take on this:

I  can  set my schedule up  perfect, and  the rest is history why on Earth does QuickCapture desable each and every single time  after a schedule?

GoPro

[ New ]

Quick capture and schedule starts are incompatible it seems.  Both voice control and quick capture are disabled when using a schedule start. 

Adventurer

[ New ]

@0dan0 wrote:

Quick capture and schedule starts are incompatible it seems.  Both voice control and quick capture are disabled when using a schedule start. 

Yes I had to find that out the hard way Lol. 

Adventurer

[ New ]

Problem solved:

Adventurer

[ New ]

@0dan0 wrote:

oC1 is the safe way to set the 1 minute shutdown.  It is just using the camera's default power saving feature. !O is a hard shutdown, it will not save the camera's current status, it will not even wait to stop recording -- it is almost like pulling the battery.

As per our discussion this is the answer.

https://youtu.be/bxYz1W9SLJc

If you like what you see hit that subscribe, I keep thing real. Thank you for viewing Please do not forget to Rate, Comment, and Subscribe The Gear I use:...
GoPro

[ New ]

Use oC5. The camera's shortest auto shutoff is 5 minutes.  Documented here: https://gopro.github.io/labs/control/settings/

Adventurer

[ New ]

@fishycomics wrote:

I thought  this would be a good spot for   a How do I set up a For example a Schedule at 12PM and record for X Amount minute and shut down the camera when completed the task.

1. Here  we can start at  https://gopro.github.io/labs/control/custom/ 

Its 11:00:00 AM I want to film a 5 minute clip and shut down  after its completed.

If I set up for 12PM it be 12:00:00.  I set the Shutdown  and capture  in 1 HR, 00 mins 00 secs. or at camera time 12:00.  At 1 hour from now the camera will proform the video  recording I chosen.  I simply ignore the Sunrise, sunset.  I then set up End capture after: 0 mins 05 secs or  at camera time 12:**   

How do I now set a shut down the camera  time.  Do I   add in the Additional command box;  !<time>O   or  oC1

As I understand this once I finish  my set up, I then simply Scan the code, and allow the camera to shut off, test out the theory, so I can better understand the new concept (reality) and    hope  others can learn from this.

02.jpg

@0dan0  Recap so this we can understand what was asked:  

the question was noted Do I add !O  to shut down the camera and the answer would and should have been

Between the ! and O  the  1-100 will determine  the seconds, and  that my friend solves the problem, thank you

reguardes Fish.

GoPro

[ New ]

But it is not my advise. Use at you own risk.