Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
GoPro Labs
Adventurer

How to Auto shut down after an Schedule How to.

[ New ]

Welcome.  If you want your camera to shut down after a schedule simply add in the command Box, if I change to !5O will that shout down in five seconds.  I asked how to do this and I was told that oC1 will do that and all it did was set Auto save to never.

!1O is a Pause  for 1 second, shut down.

!<time>O - Off - shutdown the camera

NOw that I correctly got this to work and I tested out !5O = 5 seconds shuts down.

I hope those that find this post helpful can say thank you.  Just remember once you are completed with the QR you want to make sure if you use Quick capture to re enable it. thank you

GoPro

Re: How to Auto shut down after an Schedule How to.

[ New ]

Not oC1, sorry, "oC5" - for 5 minute auto shutdown, "oC15" - for 15 minutes and "oC30" for 30 minutes.  I was confusing the auto screen off which is oS1, oS2 and oS3.  This is all documented here: https://gopro.github.io/labs/control/settings/

Adventurer

[ New ]

!1O

Correctly shuts down the camera, what this video is about, the oC1 will not work   due to no  command  available.

GoPro

[ New ]

oC1 is not a command, oC5 is, that was my mistake.  You may use !1O, I'm not recommending it, as will not save your camera settings, and if you use it incorrectly it could corrupt media, if the camera hadn't completely closed the last file. 

Adventurer

[ New ]

Anyone else report this not to work? !1O 

GoPro

[ New ]

It works, just not recommended. This is why the default tools don't use it.  If you get mV!S!3O <- you get a corrupt file.  This the reason it is not the best approach.

Adventurer

[ New ]

it works till then thank you.