Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Labs
Tourist

HERO9 not shooting 12GB chapters

[ New ]

Good morning,

I scanned the QR-code for chapter sizes of over 4GB, using my HERO9 Black. The scan was OK'd by the camera. Then I turned it on and let it shoot for half an hour. I ended up with chapters of 4.01GB in size.

I have had problems with the HERO9 and Labs firmware installed; including the camera freezing at startup (I contributed to that thread because I thought the issue is with Big Sur, but perhaps it isn't after all), so I have removed the Labs firmware but if you want me to try things, I'll reinstall.

Cheers,

––
Erik Vlietinck, J.D.
Ed. Visuals Producer (EU)
Sr. Contrib. Photoshop User (USA) & Sub-editor RedShark News (UK)
Contrib. POST Magazine (USA)

GoPro

Re: HERO9 not shooting 12GB chapters

[ New ]
12GB chapter support requires 64GB or larger SD cards, and not using quick capture.

I have seen some startup glitches on HERO9 Labs (only), we will be looking into addressing that. Factory Reset helps a lot, but not completely.

Tourist

[ New ]

Card was a ProGrade 64GB. Quick Capture is always turned off on my GoPros.

GoPro

[ New ]

I've had that happen for me also.  This issue is likely the command is not correctly storing.  To fix that run a !RESET commmand: https://gopro.github.io/labs/control/set/?cmd=!RESET reboot the camera and scan the 12GB Chapter QR again.  I just confirmed it is working.