Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Labs
Adventurer

Re: GoPro mode for QR recognition

[ New ]

@hbodoc wrote:

YEAH!!   Now my GoPro8 says camera Version #:  01.70.75 !!!

Will now try the QR codes.  Thanks much!

congrats happy  you got it working 

Hiker

[ New ]

New problem this morning.... with this new version 01.70.75, I can not view my photos, videos or time lapses by sweeping up or looking on the SD card. I've changed SD cards, reformated the cards, no change. Last night I had programmed a QR feature to time lapse from 4:30am-6:00am, when I checked the camera there was no media.:

GoPro

[ New ]

The Media gallery is working.  Try and regular capture, and look in the gallery, as you timelapse schedule may have been wrong.  

Hiker

[ New ]

"Altered File Naming via QR Code"

This was the problem.  I had used this QR code to see what renaming files would do. 

When I deleted this QR, and now back to factory setting of naming files, the photos, videos are now viewable on my GoPro and separately on the SD....

Adventurer

[ New ]

As we go throug the features of QR that was mentioned on the pages about what some will do. we learn  that file naming may not correctly work, and there we go.  

Tourist

[ New ]
Yes. This is right. Please follow steps of by 'fishycomics'.
Tourist

[ New ]
  1. Download folder from ->  HERO8 Black here.   
  2. Extract Folder -> "HD8.01.01.70.75" -> 2 folders inside this -> '__MACOSX' and 'HD8.01.01.70.75'
  3. Click -> HD8.01.01.70.75 -> copy 'update' folder to SD card & insert it into Hero 8.
Hiker

[ New ]

Using the QR code for programming Time Lapse in the future, has rarely worked.  3 nights in a row, I've set it to Time Lapse capture @ 10sec starting @ 04:00 to 06:00 and got 0 videos.  I"ve tried it with the power cable connected and not connected during the QR programming and it didn't change the results....  Doing a Time Lapse session manually @ 10 sec and for 2 hours worked fine.: