Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Labs
Highlighted
Hiker

GoPro mode for QR recognition

[ New ]

Which mode does the GoPro 8 need to be in (Photo, Video?) to recognize the QR codes? 

I'm not seeing these new features on my GoPro 8 after taking a photo or video of these QR's...   Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: GoPro mode for QR recognition

[ New ]

Show the SD will the UPDATE folder, before you try the update.  

Also:

How to Install GoPro Labs Firmware

1. Download the GoPro Labs firmware for HERO8 Black here.   <- Only using the firmware from this link
2. Follow the manual firmware update instructions here starting with Step 2.  <- You must start with Step 2, as the first step in this link is for the standard, not Labs, firmware.

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]
If you have updated to version 1.70.75, all modes work.
Adventurer

[ New ]

ANy FOV, and Mode  keep a  hands length away    if you feel it failed to  work recheck if firmware was loaded, reload.  turn off and on and retry.

Hiker

[ New ]

Have been unable to update firmware on my GoPro8.  Followed the instructions, got the "check mark" that installation was successful but when I look under "Camera info" still shows version 1.60.  Took the battery out and same results. Did a complete reinstall 3 times, again without success.....

Adventurer

[ New ]

Make sure you only and only put the update in    when you go the  folder did it prompt you for a seriel and email?

Untitled.png

Hiker

[ New ]

I formatted the GoPro8 SD card as "MS-DOS (FAT32), copied only the UPDATE file to this newly formated SD, did the upgrade and again got a "check mark" successful upgrade on the GoPro screen.  But again, firmware says 1.60.  Attached is what the SD card looks like..

GoPro8 SD information.jpg
Hiker

[ New ]

Here are more screen shots of my SD card..

GoPro8 SD card again.jpg
GoPro

[ New ]

Show the SD will the UPDATE folder, before you try the update.  

Also:

How to Install GoPro Labs Firmware

1. Download the GoPro Labs firmware for HERO8 Black here.   <- Only using the firmware from this link
2. Follow the manual firmware update instructions here starting with Step 2.  <- You must start with Step 2, as the first step in this link is for the standard, not Labs, firmware.