Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Labs
Hiker

GoPro Labs For Base v1.22 Firmware

[ New ]

Hello,

I wanted to see if there is a way to get the GoPro Labs Firmware for the base v1.22 version

This is because I have the vertical line issue with high FPS videos with frimware v1.5 and was suggested that I downgrade the firmware to v1.22 to resolve the issue until there is an 'official' fix for this v1.5 bug. Thanks!

pic.png
Nomad

Re: GoPro Labs For Base v1.22 Firmware

[ New ]

Yeah, totally agree, 1.5 is unusable for many people, would be better to have Labs in 1.22, which by the way anyone can download it in any of the posts about vertical line problem:

" Thank you @laureh0 for sharing! I've installed earlier the 1.22 from another community user that also posted ( https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqFX9WjXhYYRmPRob92okPLnKqA1JQ?e=fnWFW2

)  tested and working good without vertical lines."

Also maybe @0dan0 could advance when a new firmware is coming?Smiley Happy

GoPro

[ New ]
I'm sure fixes are coming, but I don't have any dates. The will not be a 1.22 Labs.
Hiker

[ New ]

Are there plans to release an updated Labs firmware when the regular firmware gets updated to fix the vertical line issue (and possibly other issues at the same time)?  I just installed the Labs firmware and would hate to be stuck with buggy firmware or have to lose the Labs features.

GoPro

[ New ]
Yes, we are likely to see future Labs builds. Not necessarily for every release, see HERO8 example.
Hiker

[ New ]

Looks like there is an updated firmware v1.52 posted with the vertical line fix

@0dan0Hope you can update and post an updated labs fix soon please, as I shoot ultra slow mo quite often using my GoPro and I'm sure i'm not the only one

Capture.PNG
Nomad

[ New ]

Firmware 1.52 continues making the vertical line, more subtile but still there, only in occasions disappears, no good, doesn't solve any of the previous problems (audio popping and vertical line).

Definitively GoPro Labs is more needed in 1.22