Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Labs
Tourist

GoPro Hero 8 does not recognize QR codes.

[ New ]

I have downloaded GoPro labs update to my GoPro Hero 8 running version 1.60 (latest version) and my camera does not recognize QR codes. I was given the "update completed" message but when pointing at a QR code it does nothing. I have tried resetting my camera to factory setting as well as re-downloading the update to the camera as discussed in another thread but i am having no luck with the QR recognition. Please help!

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: GoPro Hero 8 does not recognize QR codes.

[ New ]

The Labs firmware is 1.70.75.  If you installed the Labs firmware correctly, in Preferences -> About -> Camera Info you will see:  Version Number: 01.70.75.    It is the 75 that is important, it denotes the Labs version of the firmware.  If you see 1.60, you can download the firmware from  https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/Introducing-GoPro-Labs/ta-p/603173 

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

The Labs firmware is 1.70.75.  If you installed the Labs firmware correctly, in Preferences -> About -> Camera Info you will see:  Version Number: 01.70.75.    It is the 75 that is important, it denotes the Labs version of the firmware.  If you see 1.60, you can download the firmware from  https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/Introducing-GoPro-Labs/ta-p/603173 

Tourist

[ New ]

Thank You! I have tried downloading this update 5 times and now it works and shows 1.70.75. Not sure what i did differently this time but its all good now. Thanks for the fast reply! 

Tourist

[ New ]

I had the same issue. Finally realised I'd been clicking on the instructions, and downloading the update from the link in Step 1. Which is the 1.6 firmware. Wherase the previous page gives you a different link with downloads the update within another folder for 1.7. 

Then skipped step 1 (as I was supposed to) and the firmware was correct :-)

Simple mistakes come from not reading the instructions. Oops.

Sightseer

[ New ]

i am unable to update the labs firmware on the gopro 8. currently its got 1.60 ver installed.
i am trying to get the 1.70.75 for the QR codes reader. i downloaded the file and extracted the Zip file
placed the HD8.01.01.70.75 folder in the root drive of the SD card, inserted the sd card in the camera and it's not starting the update
automatically. removed the battery rebooted, still not able to update. please help!

GoPro

[ New ]

Not the HD8.01.01.70.75 folder. Only the UPDATE folder (which is inside the HD8.01.01.70.75 folder) should be in the root.  Hopefully this image should address the issue.  

ManualFirmwareUpdate.png
Sightseer

[ New ]

I found that the only way I could get the QR code update to load was to format my memory chip then download and update the camera. After doing so the QR code's worked.