Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Labs
Hiker

GoPro 8 black crashed

[ New ]

Hi,

i have loaded the Qr software today, and all was fine until I loaded a single night shot Qr code and tried to set it as a preset.

then the screen freeze, the camera wouldn’t turn off, just wouldn’t do anything, 

i have removed the battery, the SDS card and tried using the usb cable, all I’m getting is a blank screen, no messages on the rear or the front of the camera the rear window is darkly lit but no message, it will not do anything??

Any help would be appreciated with this Gp 8 black.

Thanks

Steve 

GoPro

Re: GoPro 8 black crashed

[ New ]
Could you describe more what you did?  As there is no QR code to set anything as a preset (that has been requested), I don't know what steps you took.  Could you share the original QR code?  Anything else you tried first, like setting the Camera owner, overlays, motion detect, etc?  

When you insert the battery do you get a Red LED flash after 1-2 seconds? 

Hiker

[ New ]

Yes I do, reinsert the battery little red light will flash once, then when I power the camera on the screen will light up blank but nothing on the front. Is there a cure?

Hiker

[ New ]

Good morning I captured aQr code from a YouTube video (night shot) and as tried setting it to a preset, that’s when the screen froze, 

I wasn’t able to turn it off,the screen was inactive, I then removed the battery & SD card left it a while before reinstalling a fully charged battery. I have even tried several hours later? Nothing 

GoPro

[ New ]
Please send the link to the YouTube video, so I haven't heard on this failure. I need to know what was in the QR code.
Hiker

[ New ]

Hi Dan I’m unable to share the YouTube link the post will not let me?

The video is GoPro tips night photography 

GoPro

[ New ]

Cool, I know those guys, which time offset?

Highlighted
GoPro

[ New ]

I looked over the QR Codes in that video and all are fine, I think I even provided some of them. None of them save any camera state, so they can't crash the camera. However, something happened, may not even be QR Code related, but what?  In a message I will send instruction on returning to v1.6.