Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Labs
Hiker

GoPRO Max 360 PHOTO mode Motion detection

[ New ]

Ok I just found out today or maybe its there alreasy but new to me that you can also detect motion in photo mode not only video 

https://gopro.github.io/labs/control/motion/

So I make sure the camera is in photo mode , Quik button off 

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: GoPRO Max 360 PHOTO mode Motion detection

[ New ]

It tends to start working, but doesn't repeat correctly.  It was designed for video.

Tourist

[ New ]

So happy I stumbled upon this post.  I'm primarily interested in using the repeating motion detection for photos as well, with my Hero 9.  I've been experimenting with various codes for a few days now and kept running into the same issue with the repeat failing.  The motion detection would trigger once and then the motion detection scipt would stop and the GoPro would return to normal photo mode.  

I'm still very new to the gopro and the custom labs controls specifically, but I just tried manually adding another !R command in the "Additional Commands" section after setting up my custom QR code for burst photo mode with repeating motion detection and so far, so good.  I've manually triggered the motion control multiple times and it's still continuing to run.  I'm hoping this may be a dependable workaround.

For what it's worth, here's the code:  https://gopro.github.io/labs/control/set/?cmd=mPBb3N1r1440p200fWte1hS0dR0aSrcFb1w55i32M1x0sLaHg1oV0B...

GoPro

[ New ]

You have a lot of crazy in that command (it is combining video and burst settingsm, and enabling Raw.) Let look a simplified command mPBb3!SM3D1!R

mPB - photo burst

b3 - 3/1sec

!SM3 - motion trig level 3.

D1 - Delay 1s

!R - Repeat.

This command works fine.

With Raw enabled is takes a while to write the 3 images (5+ seconds), but it works.

Tourist

[ New ]

Thanks for the feedback! 

I created the command using the QR Control Customizer tool.  I was creating multiple codes (both video and photos) in a row and saving them for future reference, so I wonder if it didn't clear our the video settings when I switched from Video mode to Photo mode.

Is best practice to use "Reset Page" when creating multiple, unrelated codes?  I was trying to save some re-work since I was using the same motion detection settings in both my video and photo codes.

I'll try the code you provided below as well.  Thanks again!