Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Labs
Tourist

Delayed action time settings

[ New ]

Hi, i was hopeing someone might be so kind to help me setting up delayed actions, I am trying to setup a long term timelapse but with mixed results

I am trying to record video timelapse 4k from 07:45am and then to end at 18:00pm with the proccess repeating everyday until the battery is changed, ideally with one QR code containing all camera settings to reset the proccess again after battery change. Up to now i have only been using the QR Control Customizer but i seem to get varied results. i set the following -

Delayed Actions -

Shutdown and capure in: i leave blank and only fill "or at camera time 07:45"

End capture after: i leave blank and only only fill "or at camera time 18:00"

Repeat Command ticked

Using the above the record start will always work but the end always ends early with varied end times. I can over come this by setting the actual End capture after to "10 hours 15 minutes 0 seconds" but then for some reason it doesnt restart the next day. I have repeat command ticked for that too.

Any help would be much appreciated. Just to confirm i am testing with a 12v leisure battery with continueous power at 5v, ive also cleared down the gps using reset and always check the camera time is correct before scanning QR code.

Thanks in advance

Regards Paul.

GoPro

Re: Delayed action time settings

[ New ]

With external power, make sure you have the internal battery removed, otherwise it will likely not restart the next day. 

Also could you please cut and paste the whole QR Command like this (below the QR Code):

GoPro QR Command: !07:45N!S!18:00E!R

(You might have to paste as "plain text" as this forum is very fusy about cut and paste from web pages, it will think there is invalid HTML.)

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi, thank you for the quick reply.

I should have mentioned no battery installed sorry, i also have a tone of other setting which i should probably have said, maybe they are causing the issue. The code is below thanks.

!07:45NmTp.60r4fLtb1w55i4S0x0sMg0v0q1dToV1B9D2R1CS1W0L01!S!18 00E!R
GoPro

[ New ]

On Issue I see is the space in the end command

!18 00E!R

should be 

!18:00E!R

I never tried such a long time based end command.  It should work, but you can also try saying: End capture after: 10 hours 15 mins which using a slight different command with the same results.

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi,

Thanks for the advice.

I am currently testing a more simple code and up to now all seems good, maybe i was being to adventerous with the first.

I am testing differnet codes trying to achieve the best power to photo count per day over as many days possible with a 60Ah battery. Do you have any suggestions for the most effecient way to capture say 500 pics per day from time A to B, ie 7:45am to 18.00pm. I assume using the timelapse video mode uses more power consumtion due to rendering photos?

I noticed while testing the construction timeplase code that the camera still draws a small current while sleeping? Is this normal, i would think its for the timeclock but the draw seems to be quite substantial.

Thanks again for your help 

GoPro

[ New ]

It is pretty minimum current draw if you turn wireless off.

With the camera defaulting to photo mode (don't add unnecessary commands in the repeat QR Code.)

>07:45<18:00!59SQ~!07:45S!1R

This would be most efficienct for around 500 photos per day.