Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Labs
Hiker

Construction timelapse not working

[ New ]

Hello guys!

I made a box with gopro 8, external powersupply, now its only powerbank that automaticly shutoff after the gopro is fully charged. I can press each day a button before it should start capture. But after a several days Im worried that something went wrong. I made a qr code: 07:00NmTPp.60fWtrcFb1wNi4M1g0v0q0oV1B1D0S1W0!S!17:00E!R

But first day the gopro was taking raw pictures just two hours. Next day I scan the code again and it was taking pictures for 5 hours. 

Before I put it in black box, i tested at home and it was working fine whole day (10 hours). 

Is there a possibility that camere overheats and shut down?

GoPro

Re: Construction timelapse not working

[ New ]
The command is missing the first !   Assuming that was just a typo, the command looks fine.

I'm concern about this: "now its only powerbank that automaticly shutoff after the gopro is fully charged."

With external power, you should not be using an internal battery.  For two reasons:  1) charging the internal battery uses the wake timer, preventing the shutdown timer from currently working in the camera, so your wake command will not work reliably. 2) If there is an overheating risk, it is the battery that overheats first. 
Tourist

Re: Construction timelapse not working missing !

[ New ]

Hi all, I note that the exclamation mark/point "!" is missing in the code line generated on these pages at https://gopro.github.io/labs/control/

Is that a bug?

GoPro

Re: Construction timelapse not working missing !

[ New ]

! is used before "action" commands, not all commands, so it is there doesn't seem to be any bug on the QR Control web pages. I only noted the command you had created was missing the !