Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Labs
Tourist

Connect Voice Command with a QR code

[ New ]

I have to admit the QR code system is a brilliant idea.
Would it be possible, or is it currently possible, to implement/associate a voice command with a QR code/command text. For example I would like to say 'GoPro Custom one' and have a QR code, or command text, associated with 'one' on an SD card (or in camera memory).

GoPro

Re: Connect Voice Command with a QR code

[ New ]
It is an interesting idea. Unfortunately, adding no voice commands it not a simple endeavor. Replacing a command is an easier, "Labs style" hack, but there are many that could be replaced. You want a voice command to launch a QR Code script?
Tourist

[ New ]

Yes; it just removes having to point the camera at a QR image ! It adds a bit more flexibility. Admited you may have to remember what 'one', 'two', 'three' etc mean. But if you're in a situation where pointing at an image is impractical then this might be a solution.

Tourist

[ New ]

You might just have custom-1.png, custom-2.png, custom-3.png, etc on an SD card as QR images.

@brucep143 wrote:

Yes; it just removes having to point the camera at a QR image ! It adds a bit more flexibility. Admited you may have to remember what 'one', 'two', 'three' etc mean. But if you're in a situation where pointing at an image is impractical then this might be a solution.

GoPro

[ New ]

You don't need PNG files with QR Codes, as QR Code are just machine readable text strings.  So basically you want voice commands to run the scripts, see here for info of scripting: https://gopro.github.io/labs/control/actions/

It unlikely any time soon, but it is a fun idea.

Tourist

[ New ]

Thanks for looking/replying. I understand QR's are just transformed text commands.
I only mentioned png files as I thought your code api might just accept an image from 'somewhere', currently the camera, and proceed from there. PNG files could be moved easily between cameras.
Anyway, just an idea to help and maybe, move things forward in an exciting way !
Thanks again.