Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
GoPro Labs
Tourist

Code/Script for Start/End Time Lapse recording

[ New ]

Hello,

I have an AC powered Hero 8 for a construction project recording for the next 18 Months.

All QR codes seem to be incompatible with auto upload, because the Wifi won't turn on after any script wakes the camera up.

So my plan is now to use the internal photo timelapse mode with a 5 minute intervall and keep the camera running 24/7.

But I want to avoid all the unnecessary pictures during night time and maybe on Sundays.

Is there a usefull code to initiate the timelapse recording daily except sundays at 7 AM and end it at 20 PM ?

A code that doesen't turn the camera off, to have a consistant wifi access for operating wirelessly on the spot and read media.

And also for the GoPro Plus auto upload feature to work of course.

Thank you,

I am looking forward to your answer

GoPro

Re: Code/Script for Start/End Time Lapse recording

[ New ]
!07:00S!46800E!R
If you set you default mode up this will capture from 07:00 to 20:00 Skipping Sundays is very hard, likely not worth the effort and risk of getting that wrong.
Tourist

[ New ]
Thanks so much for your quick reply! I will give it a shot on Thursday early morning.
Hiker

[ New ]

Interested to hear how this works! 

Loads of us are keen to get the remote upload to work!

Espen

Tourist

[ New ]

The short answer is: This doesn't work at all, and I am quite dissapointed that I didn't get the answer from the beginning.
First, the provided code just as all the other codes sets the gopro in sleep mode, therefor the wifi connection will be gone.

Second, the gopro only starts uploading when the battery is charged 100% and the AC cable is plugged in.

That wouldn't be a big problem, but the fact is you have to switch off the gopro manually and plug out and in the AC cable again

to initiate a new upload cycle - its a joke. Therefore the so called "Auto Upload Feature directly from Camera" is just a dirty marketing lie.

I hope I prevent other people make themselfes look like total idiot infront of their clients - just like it happend to me yesterday.

If you want to operate the gopro as an automatic cloud based cunstruction time lapse camera you need to look at solutions from camdo and their upblink controller. The downside is it works only with the Hero 5 so far, but the good thing is you can even upload to a custom ftp server - they charge really a lot tho

Hiker

[ New ]

I was thinking this might happen.
I have been trying to script GoPros to do this for years, from the hero4 and up but it is difficult and unreliable.
I do feel that with LABS we are only one step away now. If only this feature could be incorporated they will get a whole load of new BIG users of their cloud as well as more professional users turning to GoPro I think. 
Keep pushing!!

We have been using the CamDo system for 5 years now an dUpBlink since it came out, but you are right, they are expensive. 
Also the HERO5 is yesterdays news now..

Espen