Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
Highlighted
Sightseer
updating

Hi all do you think that GoPro will do any more updates for the drones as im having big problems with GPS/ Compass 

Highlighted
Explorer
Re: updating
I doubt it
Highlighted
Sightseer
That’s a shame If they don’t, because just by updating the GPS or Compass GoPro could save them self’s a lot of money (by stop sending new drones and parts to people when they crash under warranty).
Highlighted
Explorer
The entire Karma team was layed off. It was announced at the beginning of January that they would all be gone in six weeks from the announcement. If there are any Karma employees left, they will be gone by the end of this month for sure.

I guess it's possible they were working on an update and will be releasing it soon, but I personally don't expect it.

What issues are you having? What has been the kp on the days that you are having issues? What's the environment where you are flying?

I've had a few issues but no more than I've had with my other drones, and it was usually something I suspected could happen based on the environmental factors for the day/time/and place where I was flying. I've owned Karma since it first came out (first release and after the recall) and it's still flying very well for me. The latest update added the features I wanted (mainly the multiple way points on cable cam) but I do seem to get less distance now. Not a big problem for me as I always fly within LOS.
Highlighted
Explorer
BTW, crashes are not covered under warranty. GoPro generally gives good will to their customers and will replace in most circumstances, but I've read and seen very few crashes that couldn't have been avoided and where more a result of the user not checking things like kp indexes, not setting RTH altitudes correct, panicking and not cancelling auto return modes, flying too close to structures/interference, and not calibrating correctly.
Highlighted
Sightseer
Iv had 2 crashes(fly always) in the last month 1 drone flew off never to been seen again and the other one crashed just hovering in front of me. GoPro have replaced both drones as they said they had malfunctioned. The controller was telling me no Compass/GPS signal. GoPro have been perfect with replacing them and keeping me informed what’s happening
Highlighted
Sightseer
both my drones crash due to malfunction and GoPro have replaced twice now not a problem.