Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
Highlighted
Explorer
PILOTS ONLY

Use this forum to discuss flights, experiences, suggestions, or just shoot the Sh*t.  This is the GoPro Karma Lounge.  PILOTS ONLY

Nomad
Re: PILOTS ONLY

This group is a brilliant idea, thanks for the add @danielr15:) my karma is on route to me as i am deployed with the british armed forces, knowing it was sat at home last week waiting to get forwarded on was nail biting, looking forward to flying it, had experience with DJI before and what its worth, without flying the karma yet, in my honest opinion its what i wanted from a drone as im already hooked into the GoPro eco system, look forward to sharing some experiences and tips as soon as i get it up in the air, cant wait to hear from everyone else too

lee

Explorer
Thanks Lee, I look forward to hearing about your experience with Karma.

Regards,

Daniel
Hiker
Thanks for adding me, and today is Intetnational drone day...
Explorer

I did not know that.  Thanks. Should we be coordinating a synchronized takeoff? Smiley Very Happy

Hiker
International I ment to say...
Nomad

well its taken a long time, firstly waiting for the Karma to be released then waiting to order one in the UK, then been deployed with the british armed forces then recieving my drone a month ago and unfortunately been in a part of the world that doesnt allow drones (for obvious reasons lol) finally getting my drone up in the air the other day , totally worth the wait, have flown other drones before this including DJI (which i am neither a fanboy or a hateboy) the Karma felt solid in the air, responsive, did everything it was supposed to do and landed it without a problem, all i can say is im glad i waited and glad i chose the Karma, by no means is it a perfect drone but as far as i am concerned it is the perfect drone for me, yes its had its bumps along the way ( falling out the sky, battery and GPS issues) but for a first attempt drone all i can say is keep making them and keep making more stuff GoPro :)  not sure but maybe i was the first person to fly a Karma in Oman and i am going to be in Kenya in a few weeks so i will hopefully get to fly it there too, anyone outside the staes got any new places to fly the Karma, am wondering where else they have been flown

lee 

Explorer
Awesome! Great to hear you've had a good experience so far. I love flying Karma and find the ability to switch over to the Grip and grab additional shots really helps make my videos more watchable. It's a great system. It's unfortunate that so many reviews only focus on the drone and not in the whole experience of owning Karma. As far as a drone, the video quality is on par if not better than most drones. Not having props, landing gear, or the sun lines ruining a shot is more important than most people realize.

As far as your trip to Kenya. I have a good friend from there. He's living in the USA now but is going back to visit. I just helped him buy Karma and he was hoping to take it to Kenya to capture his homeland.

Unfortunately, he says that you have to get a permit to bring the drone and fly it. According to him, it's not uncommon for the authorities to take it and getting it back is pretty hard and most likely will require some bribes. Make sure you check the laws and regulations before taking Karma.