Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Find a solution. Share a solution. Ask a question. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
Nomad
Re: PILOTS ONLY

yeah i totally agree its the whole system and just not a drone, it adds to my videos the shots i need :) with regards to Kenya i have just seen on the government website that you need a permit, i have got the online form so fingers crossed i will get it filled out and accepted, i have spoke to them via email and they seemed happy enough that it was not for commercial use as it is for my own personal gain so maybe if i am lucky i may be able to fly it there. we will see ha ha

as far as flying the karma, i was worried after reading alot of negatives on it but it flies great, i know every drone has issues it just seems that a lot of people want to hate on the Karma and that i have no idea why, i dont fly DJI anymore but i dont go around youtube or the internet slating them for buying it, what a strange world we live in.

Sightseer
[ Edited ]

totally worth the wait, have flown other drones before this including DJI (which i am neither a fanboy or a hateboy) the Karma felt solid in the air, responsive, did everything it was supposed to do and landed it without a problem, all i can say is im glad i waited and glad i chose the Karma, by no means is it a perfect drone but as far as i am concerned it is the perfect drone for me, yes its had its bumps along the way ( falling out the sky, battery and GPS issues) but for a first attempt drone all i can say is keep making them and keep making more stuff GoPro

Adventurer
Just wanted to get an update from everyone. Are you still flying Karma? Any positive or negative experiences to report?

I'm still using my Karma. I feel like I'm not getting as good of distance for some reason. It's not terrible, but does seem noticably shorter. Added the Hero6 and it has been like getting a new drone. Videos are so much better. I'm still very happy with my purchase and feel I have more than gotten my money's worth.

Funny thing is, I used to use the Grip more than the drone. Now that I have the Hero6 this has completely flipped. I haven't used the Grip in months. I will use it for paid gigs, but for everyday events/family shooting, the stabilization on the Hero6 more than meets my needs. I still haven't gotten the nerve to strap my Fusion to Karma, but I know I will one of these days.

Anyway, hope all is going good for everyone. If you've moved on to another drone please give your impressions/experience as well.
Hiker
Daniel

Great post, I still use my karma, as i think the video on my hero 6 is just the best, Im a dji owner but there drones are just that drones, if i need to shot pov or video with audio Gopro for the win, i have a fusion also but wont put it on a drone, maybe my samsung gear 360, my karma still works amazing.
Highlighted
Hiker
[ Edited ]

I'm still using my Karma as well. I use my grip most since I can't always fly where I am. I've been loving the Karma. The more I fly the more I understand what I can and cannot do. I guess it's the same with any other drone as well. I also have a Phantom 4 Pro. Oh, and I won't move on to another drone since the Karma is more portable than my Phantom and I prefer the Karma to the Mavic. I'm good using these two in unison.