Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
Highlighted
Sightseer
Karma Battery Issue / Bought New on eBay - Help

Hi!

I bought a brand new, sealed Karma from a reputable UK seller on eBay (He has sold 3 so far and all 3 gave good feedback).

I unpacked it today, removed the batter and placed it and the controller on charge, when it had finished charging I went to slide the battery back into the Karma and it stops with a gap of around half a centimeter. I tried using a little force but I didn't want to break anything.

I shone a light into the drones housing and it looks like the little plastic divider (the one on the right) that seperates the 3 sockets is damaged. I've done very little research but I've found a lot of youtube videos with the same issue.

I've emailed the issue to the seller along with close up images but just wanted to join this group to see what you thought.

Would GoPro themselves help or not, because I bought it indirectly (albeit sealed new)? 

IMG_2381.jpg
Sightseer
Re: Karma Battery Issue / Bought New on eBay - Help
[ Edited ]

IMG_2386.JPG
Sightseer

IMG_2382.jpg
Hiker
Was the unit sold as new or used...
Explorer
You can try contacting GoPro Support directly https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs
However, I think the best way forward is returning to the seller and having them return for exchange.
Sightseer
Sold as new. Sealed and unopened.
Sightseer
Thanks for the link. I will try this tomorrow and report back.
Sightseer
Did you remove the small red plastic piece from top of battery that prevents battery from fully engaging? GoPro installs this to prevent battery from fully engaging during transport.