Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
Highlighted
Tourist
Help with aerial 360s with Karma/GPH6

Greetings ! 

New to the Karma and to the forum and wondeirng if anyone has experience in doing 360s with their Karma.  I did a few with the 3DRSolo/Hero3+/4 and the stitching software had less issues with the images. 

I took the Karma for its maiden voyage yesterday and shot the 360 in the link below.  There are some stitching problems and was wondering if anyone could help with the best parameters for the images and the focal length of the lens on the Hero 6 to help reduce trial and error time in the air so as not to waste precious flight time. 

Aerial 360 of Rumsey monument on the banks of the Potomac

Thanks

Nick

Highlighted
Explorer
Re: Help with aerial 360s with Karma/GPH6
Very cool!
I don't know how much this helps, but here is GoPro's FAQ on focal length. https://gopro.com/help/articles/question_answer/hero6-black-field-of-view-fov-information

Can you provide details on how you created the shot? I'd love to be able to do this myself.

Thanks.
Highlighted
Tourist

Thanks @danielr15 !  Exactly what I was looking for but a search did not get me that page.  To do the 360, I basically hover while taking two layers of shots. One layer with the stabilizer pointed all the way up making sure that I get at least 30% overlap from one shot to the other and the second layer with the stabilizer at 45 degrees down also rotating to cover all the way around.  I then use PTGui stitching software.  There is also a less user friendly free software called Hugin that you can use to stitch your images. Tell me if you have any questions 

Highlighted
Explorer
Thank you. ☺️