Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
Adventurer
tips & tricks and helpful hints Post here

Post your tips and tricks and helpful hints here

Hiker
Re: tips & tricks and helpful hints Post here

Just got mine will post information as I learn about this cool camera.

Highlighted
Explorer
Very cool. What are you using as an editor? I use Premier Pro with the GoPro vr plugins. The reframe effect takes a little practice but allows you to get some amazing perspectives.

I've also been playing around with the unstitched files. If you don't need the full 360 perspective and had one of the lenses pointed at the subject you can just use the front or back file in premiere. So far I've been able to make it look pretty good by using the other GoPro effects (Hero 3+ 4k) to remove the warp and get a pretty flat picture. I haven't tried it yet, but I'm sure optics compensation in After Effects will work as well.

If you use just one of the video files (front or back) you do need to do some color correcting with Lumetri Color. I've found you really need to boost the sharpness and saturation as well as color correct the WB to really make it look good. It's still faster than stitching through Fusion Studio but you don't have the flexibility you get if you do
Hiker
I just got adobe premier so im real new to all this, but that's also what I like about learning new stuff, the fusion studio is cool and just seeing the basics has me hooked.
Explorer
Yes, this is my new go-to camera. I'm having a lot of fun with it. Just be sure to make your cuts short for faster rendering in Fusion Studio. For multiple clips from the same file there are a few steps you need to do.

Make your first cut and send to render. Next, make a copy of the first cut and then highlight the new copy (if you make changes with the first file it will change the clip in the render cue). I then change the name of the copy file (same name but overwrite "copy" with 001). You then need to move the scrubber and input over to the output marker. From there you can move the output marker. You can keep repeating this, each time making a copy of the last file and then renaming it (001, 002, etc.). If you do this you can create a continuous file when you put them in the editor but the render time will be shorter.

Premier is it's own monster to learn but thankfully there are plenty of how to videos on YouTube. In the beginning I was spending more time watching videos than making them. In a short amount of time though, you'll get the hang of it.

Best wishes! Looking forward to seeing your videos.
Hiker
Thanks for all the great input, if fusion studio had index points wow what we could do.
Explorer
Agreed. Hopefully they will add key framing to the next version of the software.
Hiker

Key frames that is what I meant to say.