Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Find a solution. Share a solution. Ask a question. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
Backpacker
Re: how do you use yours?

i've done a night-lapse with Fusion, they but that really does take some computer power to stitch/render

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jcuiW3KLP4

Uploaded by duane mann on 2018-01-30.
Adventurer
It handles low light very well. I want to take it out to the desert to do some night laps.
Adventurer
I really hope the word gets out about this camera. Not so much for GoPro's sake, although they deserve it, but just because I don't think people know how awesome of a filming tool it is. Most people who ask me about it seem to think it's just for 360 and vr goggles.
Backpacker

i hate to say, but i don't think it'll be a very popular camera despite how good it is. Alot of people consider it to be too expensive, depsite in theory it should be the price of 2x Hero 5 Blacks

Adventurer
I agree. Plus a decent computer and Adobe Premiere are really necessary to get the most from the camera. But for those that do have the resources, I just don't think there is enough quality marketing demonstrating the capability of the camera.

I don't think all of the little planet videos help much either. It looks cool, and I admit I've been using it too much in my videos, but I think it makes people imagine Fusion as being unable to get decent quality un-warped (mild fisheye) shots. I've found that around 40-50 fov I can get some pretty straight footage.

Although it's not very exciting, I think there needs to be more videos like @tallrcguy Simple Circle Pan Effect. Just maybe with a little more action ;)

I'm going to try an get some shots of my kid at the skate park on the half pipe and see how that goes.
Backpacker

although i can see the benefits of overcapture, i prefer to use the whole 360 view as its so unique. I guess it depends on how/whats being filmed

Adventurer
And that right there is why this is such a cool camera. It might seem expensive, but you are getting more than one option and many different points of view.
Hiker
Daniel, make sure when you first input your videos into Gopro fusion software you render them in overcapture mode not 360