Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
Sightseer
Can't update or pair remote 2

Been working with this Fusion all day and I would admit now to complete CON-fusion. I purchased a remote 2 today, brand new, followed simple instruction to pair the device - and it will not pair. Selected the proper device, the pairing icons are on the remote, but no connection. I can use the remote to hit record, but no other fuctions work. SO - I figured maybe a firmware update may be needed.....so I registered my device with gopro, got the appropriate download, unzipped it to a micro sd card, put it in the fusion, and nothing happens. The camera seems to work, the files are on the root - no update....is there a way to check the firmware rev on my Fusion? Really need some help here as I have an outdoor project to finish beore the weather turns bad. Any help or advice most appreciated. PS- I swapped the sd card with the update files on it, to different slots to try that and what I ended up with was a swap message on the fusion. I am just getting started with this device......thanks.

Explorer
Re: Can't update or pair remote 2
You mention putting the update files on the SD card. Are you putting the UPDATE folder with the files on the card, or just the files inside the UPDATE folder on the card? You need to put the entire UPDATE folder on the card and have both cards inserted.
Sightseer

Missed that....thanks. Unit is updating.....this may fix the paring issue.....

Highlighted
Sightseer
Remote now working - thanks for a quick reply....love a good support group.