Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
Sightseer
Blurry Shaky Footage

Just tried my Fusion for the first time with Fusion Studio and the 360 footage is absolutely terrible!

It is extremely blurry and shakes at times.  I have Full Stablization turned on and have rendered using different codecs but the footage is always very shaky and blurry, almost glitchy at times.

What is causing this?  I figured at 5.2k or 4k I would get crystal clear 360 videos but the footage does not look as good as my kids Kidizoom camera.

Am I missing something?  The Fusion is set to record at 5.2k.  I import and render using Fusion Studio using different codecs.  Have tried playing in Adobe Premiere, the footage is always terrible.

Any suggestions?

Sightseer
Re: Blurry Shaky Footage

I should mention that I have a custom built desktop for heavy processing and I have a 4k monitor so it is not my system having issues, it seems to be the camera and footage it's capturing.

Hiker
What output are you rendering in.
Sightseer

I have tried exporting for Editing and Facebook usage and I have tried both 5.2k and 4k as the media resolution, both result in the same shaky blurry output.

I have also tried exporting in all available video codecs.  As I run Windows the h.264 and Cineform are playable but they both also result in the same issues.

Highlighted
Hiker
Are you inputting files from the camera to gopro fusion studio or are you creating a folder importing all media from both cards to the folder and then redering.
Sightseer

I am connecting the Fusion directly to the computer and having Fusion Studio read from the Fusion.  I am not taking the SD cards out and transfering to a folder on my computer first.

Hiker
Both you memory card a the new type 3 correct
Sightseer

Yes they are both Sandisk Extreme Plus memory cards.

I just copied from the SD cards to a folder on my computer, do I just copy the MP4 files or do I need all of the other files that are natively on the SD card?  I tried to load the images in Fusion Studio by browsing to the folder I have the MP4 files stored in but it doesn't do anything.