Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
Highlighted
Adventurer
Lower MP in photo mode

5MP Super-view, Narrow Med wide

7MP narrow medium wide Linear

12MP Narrow Medium wide Linear

We are Missing it ALL we only have 12MP only suggestion. get these requests in for the next firmware,no they should have been in then MISSED!

Explorer
Re: Lower MP in photo mode

Is the lower MP just to save space on the SD card?

Backpacker

@fishycomics For what camera would you add the extra POV's too? 

I like it. 

Nomad

@fishycomicsI am just curious why you are wanting these lower resolutions? What are your uses?

Adventurer

If you bought  Hero 5 and its a 4K@30fps action cam and they said sorry you can only have 4k@30fps only, that is why. restricting you to  one resolution. is not   right.

Adventurer

I just revieved a reply from GoPro on a question and request. and it clearly answers  it all up to them taking away these features and function , and people are not using it...  well I can now see how gopro simple feels they can   fade out  certain features and functions they clearly did it with dual recording.  and I will make a jack ass on this one, I am happy I got other camera's that  have a lower Mp.  

FISH

Explorer

I think we are just trying to understand the benefits.  Over the years I've upgraded my phones and one of the primary reason has been to get a better camera.  I've never had the desire to lower my resolution on a picture except for maybe when sending in a text but most programs will do that automatically for you.  

having resolution options in video is different as you are talking about heavy editing capabilities needed on the computer for 4K and also much larger memory requirements to capture the video.  Additionally, you are able to increase frame rates with lower resolutions.  

With pictures, I believe the number is somewhere around 7,500 high quality JPEGs that can be stored on one 32GB card. With video, you get about one hour of recording at 4K but dropping down to 1080 gives you about twice the recording time.  Since most people edit pictures, cropping and/or compressing isn't so much of an issue.  Also, pictures are far less forgiving if there is less detail.

Adventurer

Limtations comes with a price and limiting to a higher MP does not cut it

7MP We can  make HD1080P timelapses. and save a lot of space . 

restricting, taking away  and getting Less is not a good way of doing business.

they  taken away the Dual recording, b.c people not using it. and  photo MP waiting to hear their answer, b/c peoplewere not printing  4X6  or 3X5 photos  Lol