Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

why does the app constantly disconnect and reconnect

I can't get the com between the android phone and the hero 5 session.  Connection CONSTANTLY drops and reconects.  Can't see any loaded data thru the constant circles of death.

I can see my wifi network on the android and the gopro in bhy bluetooth list. Both have access to my network. I only have this connection problem when I'm trying to com with camera, upload etc.

How can I fix this?

Thanks 

Joe G

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: why does the app constantly disconnect and reconnect

Thanks All,

While trying to fix this problem, I "borrowed" my wife's iPad.  It has no problem connecting and communicating with the gopro.

After xfering pics to the iPad, it's simple to get them to my iMac.

I appreciate the help from everyone.

Thanks again.

Joe G

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @quickdusk08351

What phone are you using?

Do you have the camera, the phone and the app all up to date?

To help isolate the issue, would you be able to pair the camera with another phone?

For reference, check out Troubleshooting GoPro App Connectivity Issues

Thanks!
Ej

Highlighted
Explorer

[ Edited ]

If you continue to have issues after reseting the connections, the next step will be to reset the camera and app. On your phone, go into Blutooth and forget all instances of the GoPro. Do this for the Wi-Fi as well. On the camera, turn it on using the rear Mode/Power button. Cycle through the settings options until you get to EXIT. Once at EXIT, press and hold down the top shutter button until factory reset appears. Select this and allow the camera to reset.

To make sure your camera and app are up to date, delete the app from your phone and do a manual update on the camera.

You can get the manual update from your computer here 

Be sure you are using a recommended SD card. You can find a list here

Download the manual update to your computer. Once done, Right click and Extract the UPDATE folder to your computer.

Using a USB/SD adapter, insert your microSD into your computer. Navigate to the card in Windows Explorer and do a FULL (not Quick) format.

Once done, copy the UPDATE folder (not UPDATE.zip) to the card. Eject the card.

Restart your phone and download the GoPro app.

Insert the SD card into your camera and then turn it on using the rear Mode/Power button. Allow the update to complete. Once done, cycle through the camera settings and format the SD card within the camera.

Open the GoPro app on your phone and go to the camera tab.

Go through the camera's menu settings until you get to connections and select the option to add new device.

On the app, select the (+) to allow the GoPro app to find your camera. Be sure your BlueTooth and Wi-Fi are turned on.

If the app doesn't automatically find your camera, it will give you the option to select it from a list.

Highlighted
Tourist

Thanks All,

While trying to fix this problem, I "borrowed" my wife's iPad.  It has no problem connecting and communicating with the gopro.

After xfering pics to the iPad, it's simple to get them to my iMac.

I appreciate the help from everyone.

Thanks again.

Joe G